Help with new scope options!

Good evening all! I have read many of the threads on scope choices for a Long range hunting rifle specifically in .300 win mag. I was wondering if anybody would like to help narrow the options.
The rifle is a custom and weighs 7.5 pounds and I am looking to keep the overall weight under 10.
I would be using it out to 7-800 yards if I had to but more often than not within 500.

I would like a minimum magnification of a maximum 4 and a top end at about 18 because I do enjoy shooting further at the range.

Thus far I am considering:

Nightforce NX8 either the 2.5-20 if it fits or if I have to the 4-34
Swarovski z6 and x5i
tract 4-20
march 2.5-25x52
zeiss v6 3-18
leupold mark 5hd

I would like absolutely reliable dialing and good glass. I would have already got either a leupold vx6hd or swaro z6 but have been rattled by the claims of less than reliable dialing and return to zero.

I use both first and second focal plane so either is good but prefer second in a hunting scope that I will be dialing for easier use at lower magnification. Any help would be greatly appreciated and any other options to look into would be fantastic!

Cheers!

Bater

WKR
I have the 4-32 NX8 and the 2.5-25 March. I prefer the NF for long range work and the March when climbing mountains. For what it’s worth I’d also look hard at the 3-15 Razor LHT. IMO one of the best all around western hunting scopes out there and half the price of the NF and March.

OP
C
Thanks for the reply, how does the glass compare between the march and the nf? I did consider the vortex but am unsure about the glass and tracking. Ive had a vortex pst gen ii before and i loved their customer service and warranty. Unfortunately i had to discover their customer service and warranty multiple times and ended up selling the scope.
Ive not used either the march or nf before but heard the nf is as reliable as they come and the march is supposed to be relatively good and the lighter weight is attractive!
The price is a consideration but Id rather pay once than decide down the road i need an upgrade!

Bater

WKR
Both the NF and March should be relatively bomb proof for you, comes down to your style of hunting/shootin. As far as “glass” is concerned they are both better then you need. Wish I could be more specific but I just care very little about “glass quality” as solid internals trump all. I guess the March has very slightly “better” glass if you care.

On a side note the Razor and Viper lines are different animals. The PST is junk when actually used and driven hard...

Good luck

OP
C
To me, the list of choices doesn't make a ton of sense. Costs, weights, and features are all over the board. The Swaro X5i is about $3k, the Tract 4-20 is about 34oz. If you can afford about $3k for the optic and can deal with up-to about 34oz in weight, then I'd cross off basically every option you have listed.

The 3-15 Tangent Theta's have been on sale at DVOR three times in the past month or two for just over $3k. The TT315M/H will be superior to every optic you listed IMO, and it only weighs about 28oz with tenebraex caps. They are mechanically solid, field of view is massive, eyebox is great, DoF/parallax is extremely forgiving, the turrets are insane, second rev indicator & numerical references, etc. The gen2 mildot and LRH reticles can easily be used on minimum mag.

The 4-20 Zero Compromise is heavy at 34.8 oz, but would also superior to every optic you listed. The ZCO is a little more expensive than the most expensive option that you list, but what's the difference of a couple hundred dollars at that point? Similar to TT, ZCO is mechanically solid, the eyebox is great, DoF is 'deep' and parallax is very forgiving, field of view is great, image is massive, elevation and windage are locking, and controls are some of the best on the market. I can easily use the reticle on minimum mag.
Thanks for the reply! I would like to keep the weight down if possible hence the march. Of all the options out there the March seems to be best compromise between weight and reliability but I have never looked through or used one. As I've seen many times on the website, buy once cry once! For that reason the price is less important.