Help with new scope selection $600-1000

albuds

FNG
I need some expert advice on new scope for my AR-10. Will be used for whitetail and hog hunting in Georgia with typical shots under 150 yards. I’m 72 years young and want good eye relief, wide field of view for quick target acquisition and as good low light capability as I can get for money spent. Prefer illuminated reticle.

Price point $600 -$1000 max.

After much reading on optics forums and research I’m considering the following:

Meopta Meopro 3.5-10x44RD 4c Reticle $700 (Meopta Store)
Meopta Optika6 2.5-15x44RD 4c Reticle $700? (None in stock)
Meopta Optika6 3-18x50RD 4c Reticle $649 (Meopta Store)
Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-12x42 Green Dot $859 (Scopelist)
Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 Foreplex Reticle $985 (Various Online)
Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 Firedot Reticle $999 (Various Online)

I what I’ve read as well as the price point of the Meopta scope, but am concerned about their lack of availability. Also not excited about the weight of the Optika6. Finally concerned that the MeoPro line is dated.

Input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

For under a 150 yards you don't need to dial. Look at a Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 with a plex reticle for around $820. Excellent low light performance. Lightweight. At that range there's just no need to be adjusting parallax or dialing windage or elevation corrections. KISS.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
Look at the Zeiss V4 at Red Hawk Rifles. Don't let the "demo" discourage you. I don't think mine had ever been taken out of the box. Several different reticle illuminations. You can't beat their price.

OP
A

albuds

FNG
Appreciate the responses I received to this post.

I ended up purchasing a Delta Titanium HD 2.5-10x56 Model DO2450 for less than $700 delivered. Stumbled on Delta scopes in a response to this same post by someone who specializes in evaluating rifle scopes on another Forum. Low light capability and an illuminated reticle were two key issues to me.

Delta is a Polish company selling scopes primarily in Europe and Canada. The Titanium line is made by Light Optical Works considered perhaps the finest OEM facility in Japan. Specs are outstanding and light transmission on this scope is amazing for the price.

I've received it just recently but am highly impressed so far. I'd highly encourage anyone looking for a very high end scope for hunting to look into these scopes. Eastern U.S. dealer is Charles Follett who sells a number of high end scopes. He can be reached at: darnfineshot.com, via email at [email protected] or cell phone at 812-917-5653. Great guy to work with. He sells a number of high end scopes including Schmidt and Bender, Steiner, and others. He had not seen Delta's Titanium model before ordering this one for me and was personally very impressed as well.