Help with new shotgun choice

Tough to take a recommendation if you can't shoulder a couple. I love Berettas, but can't get conformable behind a Browning if you paid me. Whatever you do, make sure it has shims so you can adjust drop and cast.

Unckebob

WKR
You will be shooting a wide variety of ammo. I would suggest a gas operated gun, and not a recoil operated gun. So, scratch Benelli. They work great if you shoot one load and it's a stout one. Otherwise, they can be fickle.

Jeremy

I find the recoil on my gas gun (Remington V3) to be much better
than on the inertial guns I have/had. I bought the V3 because it was really cheap (post bankruptcy) for times when I don't want to risk my O/U Browning.

So far so good.

Jmort1754

WKR
Man, if you are looking at 1-2 shots the OU is the way to go, the cynergy from browning.

Semi Auto more than 2 shots I really like my a400 extreme, however the barrel length is a bitch in the turkey woods.

20 gauge with tss will shit on a twelve gauge with lead for turkeys.

Browning clitoris.
They seem to grow when they get near me.

Seriously, I have seen lots of Benellis that choke on light loads.
They don't fit me and I don't like to recoil impulse of inertia guns so not on my radar but the fanboys sure come out on these threads.
I would (and have) bought gas guns on the Browning operating system.
Browning Silver fits me great.
My son's Winchester SX4 has been excellent right out of the box.
I have seen failures in Franchi...No personal experience.
Buy what fits, not somebody else's favorite.

I bought a Winchester SX4 as it was a good combination of features and affordability. I’ll be using it for turkey, pheasant and hopefully duck

greenomics

Lil-Rokslider
Had a Benelli M2 in 20ga with 26" barrels. Never liked the balance and stepped rib. Sold it and bought a Montefeltro, which I liked more. I then sold the Montefeltro when I found an al390 20ga with 28" barrels.

Shot a Browning Silver for 10 years and never had a malfunction. Winchester autos use the same gas system.

Some report the SBE's to pattern high.

For a do-all bird/clays auto, I'd pick a gas gun from Winchester or Beretta.

greenomics

Lil-Rokslider
Heck, it’s worked for all those for me. I even shoot short barreled rifles, too. 🤯
I would never share a duck blind with someone shooting a 21" barrel due to muzzle blast.

I also prefer the swing characteristics of longer barrels - as do most clay shooter.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I would never share a duck blind with someone shooting a 21" barrel due to muzzle blast.

I also prefer the swing characteristics of longer barrels - as do most clay shooter.

I don’t sit in duck blinds. I mostly duck hunt standing timber that I got to in my pirogue.

The shorter barrels are great for swinging on turkeys and I love how they feel swinging on ducks. They just feel so much better to me.

my experience is a bit different than @Wapiti1 I have a pair of Benelli m2 fields. Very reliable and versatile. My main gun, “Ole Ben” is pushing 20 years old. Only issue he has had has been a warped stock that Benelli replaced free 17 years in. He gets used for rabbit, turkey, duck, occasional goose, pheasant and clays/skeet. He gobbles everything from 2 3/4 inch light target “club” loads to full octane turkey and water fowl 3 inchers. I hardly ever clean him and as long as he gets a blast of rem oil every so often, he runs like a top. I bought “lil Elly” to shoot 3 gun a while ago but converted her back to a hunting gun. With a 21 inch barrel, she is lighter and swings faster and she runs like a top too but doesn’t get shot much because Ben never has issues, so she is a safe queen and a loaner.

I have tried others but haven’t found one I like. I also like being able to shoot various ammo without swapping pistons or tuning ports.

I agree with Desk Jockey. I bought a benelli SBE2 on sale when the 3 came out. I use it for trap league and ejects every shell. I shot sporting clays too. I shot ducks and geese, no problems. I shot my turkeys the past few years also. My old Remington 1100 stays in the cabinet and I use this for everything except deer. It’s not the prettiest. It’s light so that is a plus for hunting but somewhat of a downside for me in trap shooting 50-100 rounds in a setting. I also only clean after it gets wet. No rust anywhere. I would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk