Help with wall tent - 14x16 recommendation

My neighbor is looking for a 14x16 (ish) wall tent - any suggestions on the best deal, sales, etc would be appreciated. He’s looked at Davis but curious what else is comparable. He’s a country boy, kills plenty of game, born and raised out west. Thanks for any suggestions.

wytx

WKR
A tent that size won't be cheap. Plenty of good wall tent makers out there but you get what you pay for.
I would hit up Davis after hunting season .
Might find a used one after this year as well. Saw some on our local Craigslist this fall right before season.

ericF

WKR
As wytx said hunt craigslist and also check the Davis website for their monthly specials. They use to have a scratch and dent sales around March or April, but no idea if they are still doing it. Another great place to pick them up was RMEF banquets. They donate to every banquet, but that is out this year.

OP
menhaden_man
A tent that size won't be cheap. Plenty of good wall tent makers out there but you get what you pay for.
I would hit up Davis after hunting season .
Might find a used one after this year as well. Saw some on our local Craigslist this fall right before season.
He’s a buy once, cry once kind of guy - think he’d pay extra if it was a quality deal.

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a 16x20 with a fly (fly has the 8' extension) from wall tent shop. Funny enough I'm using it for work on an asbestos project. I have an outside project doing contaminated soils and I'm using it for my field office. Can't say enough good things about dealing with the Wall Tent Shop. Very pleased with it from start to finish.

Hopefully i'll set it up in Montana next November.

We bought a 16’x14’ Davis tent at the Puyallup Sportsman’s Show 4-5 years ago. Had some show deals, but the real benefit was we ordered the features that we wanted and we were able to pick it up at the Portland show free of sales tax a week later. It’s been a great tent.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 14x16 Davis and am really happy with it. The nice part was I got all the options that I wanted in it. I waited for a monthly special and then added a few features so I could use it in more varied conditions. Lots of good manufacturers out there, but you so get what you pay for. I know they are not cheap, but you should get at least 20 years out of one as long as you take good care of it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It's not the cheapest.
But I do not think there is an easier to set up wall tent then the Canvas Cabin with the outside poke system.

Last edited: