Help with Yellowstone and Glacier vacation.

Razz

FNG
Nestled between the Tetons & the Big Holes
So I live in the area and here is my take. The Wyoming side of the Tetons and Yellowstone south gate access is busy. Hiking trails in GTNP are busy, get there early for parking and expect company. Get bear spray, just in case. One can for the group is fine. Conventional wisdom says large groups are safe BUT, $40 buys comfort. DONT leave it in your car in the sun when you are in town or in a restaurant. In the trunk is better.

Look at the Idaho side of the Tetons, a tiny bit less crowded, but not much. From Teton County Idaho to the south entrance of Yellowstone is 1:15, to west entrance at W Yellowstone is the same. There are numerous hikng trails on the Idaho side, just not the epic named hikes. Whitewater raft trips on the Snake just outside of Jackson, flat water floats on the Teton. All of the town, Jackson Wy Victor Id and Driggs Id have tourism bureaus that can help and all are free.

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Some entertainment but at the same time it’s pretty spot for the urban/foreign uninformed tourist. It’s amazing more people don’t get injured. Lots of good advice from the previous replies, especially about starting early to avoid less congestion plus you see more critters. I hope you enjoy your trip with your family!

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
1. This June we (wife and kids: 8 and 11) are flying into SLC and driving to Yellowstone. Staying in the park 4 nights and 2 nights in Cody. Then on to Tetons for 3 nights. Other than the popular places is there anything not to miss along the way. Maybe some lesser known places or activities to get away from the crowds. Staying at Old Faithful, Mammoth Hot Springs, and Canyon Village. Planning on the rodeo and Cody museum while in Cody. Need some help on Teton activities.

2. Next year we are flying into Bozeman or Spokane and driving to Glacier. Probably June or early summer. Same as above. Any recommendations for places to see or things to do. I like to plan a year in advance.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Would just add, have visited Glacier in June and loved it but I would shoot for later in the summer. Depending on the time the going to the sun road will still be closed which means a good chunk of the park is closed. However the visiting population is lower.

Brillo

FNG
Just returned from GNP. GTTS road closed so all backed up at Avalanche trail head like salmon at a wier. Not fun. Pretty area though.

What would be the latest time of year one could make this trip and not worry to much on snow. Thinking of going later to try and miss the crowds

So I live in the area and here is my take. The Wyoming side of the Tetons and Yellowstone south gate access is busy. Hiking trails in GTNP are busy, get there early for parking and expect company. Get bear spray, just in case. One can for the group is fine. Conventional wisdom says large groups are safe BUT, $40 buys comfort. DONT leave it in your car in the sun when you are in town or in a restaurant. In the trunk is better.

Look at the Idaho side of the Tetons, a tiny bit less crowded, but not much. From Teton County Idaho to the south entrance of Yellowstone is 1:15, to west entrance at W Yellowstone is the same. There are numerous hikng trails on the Idaho side, just not the epic named hikes. Whitewater raft trips on the Snake just outside of Jackson, flat water floats on the Teton. All of the town, Jackson Wy Victor Id and Driggs Id have tourism bureaus that can help and all are free.
1:15 to West or South entrance from Victor is VERY optimistic. More like 2 hours if traffic isn’t bad.