Helping a pregnant lady kill an elk…

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Once you have three it has turned into a zone defense where you are outnumbered no matter what. So...honestly other than the cost of diapers and food, you really don't notice it. Especially if you get luck and put enough time between child number one and number 4, number 1 takes care of number 4 LOL.
This guys knows! Oldest is almost 11. She can’t wait!

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
We both agreed we were done after kid 2... Now she's slowly changing her mind and talks about number 3. Should have snipped the bits when I had the chance!

BrandonM

FNG
LOL! This thread is hilarious! We have four kids and my wife and I had deliberate conversations about no kids being born in hunting season or during the winter show season. Thankfully we have 2 between hunting season and show season and 2 in the summer....phew!

woods89

WKR
Once you have three it has turned into a zone defense where you are outnumbered no matter what. So...honestly other than the cost of diapers and food, you really don't notice it. Especially if you get luck and put enough time between child number one and number 4, number 1 takes care of number 4 LOL.
We have 4 as well. There is some truth to this for sure.

I told my buddy one time that elk hunting must be a little like childbirth for the ladies. On my first trip I packed too much stuff, brought the wrong food, and all kinds of other mistakes. It was type 2 fun, by the time that week was done I didn't want to see the mountains for awhile, if ever. Then after 6 months or so I started thinking maybe it would be fun to do it again, lol.

That has changed over time, and now I enjoy being out there in the moment a lot. My buddy thought that was hilarious, though, and now refers to one of the ridges where we hunt as "Childbirth Ridge".......

We both agreed we were done after kid 2... Now she's slowly changing her mind and talks about number 3. Should have snipped the bits when I had the chance!
Wife and I have two. We talked about being done after two, I scheduled my appointment without her knowing and asked her for a ride two or three days prior to seeing the Doc. Fought like hell on the way there but we (she) got over it.

sram9102

WKR
Could have planned our 1 better... His birthday has been within a day or two of our rifle opener annually. He tagged along last year and is excited to go again this year. His proximity to the ground is very beneficial when it comes to blood trailing.

Attachments

• 20201129_171052.jpg
    20201129_171052.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 48
I wish I had some intel on the area for you, but the best I can do is wish you guys luck! She's got it! My wife did a mtn goat hunt at 34 weeks, she always says she wishes she had a hunt like that to keep her in excellent shape through every pregnancy.

For the young guys reading this thread that are getting the wrong impression by some of the comments, I'd sell all my hunting gear tomorrow for another baby. There is simply no greater joy.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This thread took a turn that is very entertaining......
I can do all kinds of fun stories related to this. When you have 4, two of them by accident you hear every joke in the book on "You know where they come from right?"

I started answering the old ladies at church and the grocery store with, "Sure do and it was a LOT of fun making that accident!" My wife turned red as an apple, so do the little old ladies, the old men standing around spit out their coffee. Good times!

Laramie

WKR
I wish I had some intel on the area for you, but the best I can do is wish you guys luck! She's got it! My wife did a mtn goat hunt at 34 weeks, she always says she wishes she had a hunt like that to keep her in excellent shape through every pregnancy.

For the young guys reading this thread that are getting the wrong impression by some of the comments, I'd sell all my hunting gear tomorrow for another baby. There is simply no greater joy.
Me too... as long as it was born in the spring!

KsRancher

WKR
I can do all kinds of fun stories related to this. When you have 4, two of them by accident you hear every joke in the book on "You know where they come from right?"

I started answering the old ladies at church and the grocery store with, "Sure do and it was a LOT of fun making that accident!" My wife turned red as an apple, so do the little old ladies, the old men standing around spit out their coffee. Good times!
That's good stuff. I had to have the same talk with my oldest boy. He is 15 getting ready to turn 16. About a year ago I had the "sex talk" with him. When my wife and I told the kids that they were going to have another sibling, he was less than impressed. He looked square at us and in the most serious way you could ask it. He asked " do I need to remind you guys what causes that?"

And I'm with you on the people asking about it being a mistake or accident. My wife just replies back ""nope, no mistake. Just a happy accident"

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That's good stuff. I had to have the same talk with my oldest boy. He is 15 getting ready to turn 16. About a year ago I had the "sex talk" with him. When my wife and I told the kids that they were going to have another sibling, he was less than impressed. He looked square at us and in the most serious way you could ask it. He asked " do I need to remind you guys what causes that?"

And I'm with you on the people asking about it being a mistake or accident. My wife just replies back ""nope, no mistake. Just a happy accident"
My wife's parents had a surprise when when she was a Freshman in college. She had been the youngest until then, she teases them about being a middle child now LOL.

Ya... I'd sell all my hunting clothes for another baby too. I tend to gain more weight than my wife every time she is pregnant. I went from a large to an Xl last time. I'd have to sell everything and buy XXL.

I always say its a lot more fun practicing making them than actually making them.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ya... I'd sell all my hunting clothes for another baby too. I tend to gain more weight than my wife every time she is pregnant. I went from a large to an Xl last time. I'd have to sell everything and buy XXL.
I tend to lose weight, she wasn't happy with me....

Sounds like we need a support group thread! This is number 4. I was done after 2!!!!
Sounds like some of you boys need to head on over to this thread and do some reading up!

And get your appointment scheduled. Just make sure you schedule it in the same year that last kid is born to cash in for free after hitting that deductible or max out of pocket!

Congrats on the baby, hope you can get your wife a nice bull before hand.