Hennessy Hammock???

I've had one for a few years now and I love it. Used it mostly on spring and summer rafting trips but I have used it for elk hunts into mid September in Montana. Super comfy, I'm more of a side sleeper and have no problems sleeping on my side in the asymmetrical ones. Been in the woods for a few days worth of rain and the fly setup works great, no problem staying dry.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
I"m looking at different options for a WY mule deer hunt next year...I want light weight and since we will be going early season hopefully the weather isn't to bad. The Hammock looks more comfortable than laying on the ground every day and I sleep on my side anyway so that isn't an issue with me. I was more worried about rain protection and the ability to keep you warm if the weather turned cold at night.

>>>---WW---->

Lil-Rokslider
Get on Youtube. There is enough information there to keep you busy for awhile. Both pros and cons!

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
I used one last year in late september on a back country blacktail hunt. It came in really nice because there was no flat/bare ground where we set up camp. For that reason the hammock was really nice and it was comfortable to boot. The quality of the Hennessy seemed really good too. My biggest problem was how cold I got. The weather wasn't even bad, probably got down to 35 overnight. I would suggest that you need a sleeping bag rated at 10# colder than you would normally expect sleeping on the ground. A good pad under you or one of their space blanket pads might help a lot but then you start getting heavier than a lot of people's tarp/bivvy setups.

aggieland

WKR
I use a Clark Jungle Hammock. Most people that have never tried a hammock or used one with an underquilt will talk bad about them. But those that have given them a try many times make the switch over from tents etc. I know everyone in my camp last season is now making the switch from tent to hammock. Just my 2 $ worth.