Hey fellas, from Missoula

Hey gang, "new" guy here checking in. I had a previous Rokslide account but it grew stale and dusty since I got married a couple years back. Apparently, being newly married and using all of my vacation time to hunt or fly fish every year didn't suit the wife...she even objected to us taking our honeymoon in New Zealand so I, err "we", could do some remote backcountry fly fishing and maybe even squeeze in a red stag hunt. Ha, that didn't work. Anyway, my hunting time has gone to nill over the past few years and I am ready to get back into it. I have been lucky to deep dive in my fishing which may be heretical to say around here, but fly fishing is my #1 passion while hunting holds the #2 spot.

Lots of life changes recently: my first marriage ended (no, it didn't have much to do with the hunting time) and I learned a lot about myself as a partner and what I want in life. I think she and I are actually in a much better place now and our relationship (we are parents to our wonderful daughter) is in a really healthy place. Ironic that we get along better now that we are not married but through God's grace and our amazing daughter, we decided to focus our lives on love and being awesome parents versus hating one another.

If you read through all this I congratulate you and apologize for being long winded! I am happy to be back in the hunting community and now that I'm living my single dad life, I am stoked to string together some combo backcountry fly fish n' hunt trips.

I was fortunate enough to relocate to Montana post-divorce from back east and I am loving it. I moved here because I always wanted to live in a place where I can hit several different rivers and fish in close proximity. This is my second time being in MT and I plan on staying for good. I am really looking forward to my daughter spending summers with me and I hope fly fishing and hunting becomes a big part of our experience together.

I am glad to be back Rokslide.

Last edited:

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

cronsman

WKR
Welcome back dude, I'm hoping to relocate out there as well in the next few years! the promise land for sure