Hey from Scotland

Dex79

FNG
Hi new member from Scotland here.

I don't have much to add to the community but just enjoy the information stories and gear that come from hunting your side of the pond. It's very different and restricted here.

I'm a competitive archer but bow hunting is a no go here unless the animals are foam ☹️

Dex

AndyB

WKR
Ive been using a go lite SL3 here (Snowdonia) with a 1 person nest, and like it. Ill be picking up a seek outside Cimarron next year when I go stateside.

Ross, who posted above has lots of pics I'm sure he would point you too of his Cim/stove set up.

OP
Dex79

Dex79

FNG
Ive been using a go lite SL3 here (Snowdonia) with a 1 person nest, and like it. Ill be picking up a seek outside Cimarron next year when I go stateside.

Ross, who posted above has lots of pics I'm sure he would point you too of his Cim/stove set up.

I'm quite keen on the idea of a sawtooth and saw pictures of 1 with a good size nest and still stove space.
Just the ticket to persuade the missus and or kids along on trips or taking as a comfortable spacious weekend camp for hill loch fishing and archery competitions.

Getting that over here without the cost causing divorce is the major problem 🤣

OP
Dex79

Dex79

FNG
Interesting. Any plans to travel to the states?

Not at the moment no.
I do have a friend in Huston though and have managed to get archery equipment taken over for me so there is hope of the same again.

Fatcamp

WKR
Not at the moment no.
I do have a friend in Huston though and have managed to get archery equipment taken over for me so there is hope of the same again.

Well, if you ever do better bring a bow and some boots. 😁

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome! Had a chance to sneak some stalking in year before last. Took a roe buck. Thoroughly enjoyed myself (hunting and otherwise). I'm itching to get back for red stag.

I remember chatting with the guide about the regulatory opposition to archery as permitted take method in Scotland. As a Californian, I was surprised (amused?) that everyone must add suppressors to their hunting rifles, but you can't use a bow to hunt. Go figure.

Hi new member from Scotland here.

I don't have much to add to the community but just enjoy the information stories and gear that come from hunting your side of the pond. It's very different and restricted here.

I'm a competitive archer but bow hunting is a no go here unless the animals are foam ☹

Dex

You have a rich and skilled tradition of poaching in parts of Scotland, if I'm not mistaken?
j/k Welcome!

Fatcamp

WKR
You have a rich and skilled tradition of poaching in parts of Scotland, if I'm not mistaken?
j/k Welcome!

One of my favorite books is, "Hunter", about a Scottish hunter who became a game control hunter in Kenya. Amazing story. As a young boy he was a poacher, and not ashamed of it.

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Dex, I’m new on the site too.
I visited Scotland last year during the roar and was able to take a couple fantastic stags and fished the River Spey. Can’t wait to go back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dex79

Dex79

FNG
Hey Dex, I’m new on the site too.
I visited Scotland last year during the roar and was able to take a couple fantastic stags and fished the River Spey. Can’t wait to go back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What beat of the Spey were you on? I know a lot of it quite well.