Hey “Karen”!

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I always wonder if anyone if actually pays it or just bid up the price for the hell of it.

I was just thinking the same thing. Is anybody really paying over 1k for 8lb of powder? I don’t think so.

ChrisA

WKR
I'm allegedly sitting on 2 unopened jugs of Varget and a partial, 4000 CCI450 and 1000+ Berger 140 Hyb. Bought nearly 2 years ago for the match rifle. I really don't feel like I'm hoarding; I feel like I need more inventory so I'm not afraid to burn up my supply. Shot up at least 1500 rounds last year too.

Glad I have several tins of pellets for the PCP so I don't get too rusty.

Chris

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I'm allegedly sitting on 2 unopened jugs of Varget and a partial, 4000 CCI450 and 1000+ Berger 140 Hyb. Bought nearly 2 years ago for the match rifle. I really don't feel like I'm hoarding; I feel like I need more inventory so I'm not afraid to burn up my supply. Shot up at least 1500 rounds last year too.

Glad I have several tins of pellets for the PCP so I don't get too rusty.

Chris
Sounds like you’re prepared and in good shape.

rootacres

WKR
I completely agree with you. The pro gun community is very sensitive to any movement the anti gunners try to make but not nearly as sensitive to watching our own behave in ridiculous ways. When I comes to this ammo crunch we are our own worst enemies.

I literally read a post on here where a guy complained about the ammo/components availability and in the same post mentioned how he went to a local shop and bought three of their four 8lb H4350 containers just because they had it. He didn't need it or load it but they had it. So now he is sitting on 24lbs of one of the most popular powders with no intention of using it.

In the next 20 years there's going to be a lot of guys going through their deceased father/grandfathers stuff finding thousands of unused primers and a tons of powder. Just because they were the unemployed/retired "old farts" that learned the local shops shipping schedules and raided the shelves before those who work for a living could ever make it there.

Im not bitter, but I am frustrated. I have recently acquired enough components (aside from maybe bullets) to last me for the year, hopefully. So instead of continuing to stock pile stuff Im meeting a gentleman tomorrow morning who's buying the 4lbs of powder I don't think I'll need now. He built a 280 AI and cant find powder, now he will have some.

We all need to stick together but also hold each other accountable. It's too bad it has come to this but some are so incredibly and unreasonably selfish.

*zap*

WKR
^ not bitter, your just calling senior citizens old farts who are unemployed and beat out the folks who have to work for a living.... :love: Most seniors today worked for a living and probably worked harder than most young folks today do or could ever imagine doing and a lot of them need extra income just to get by.
Glad your not bitter.....

WKR
I guess that would temporarily screw over the seller if that was the goal.
I think a lot of those gunbroker bids are being paid. And I think non paying bidders should be kicked off there asap. I listed 2 items that I didn't need, no one accused me of gouging, and they were bought for what the market price is at present.

Each time this happens a guy wonders if it will return to normal. Its hard to say with the current administration. Best of luck to those who weren't able to plan ahead during the Trump administration.

sndmn11

WKR
I think a lot of those gunbroker bids are being paid. And I think non paying bidders should be kicked off there asap. I listed 2 items that I didn't need, no one accused me of gouging, and they were bought for what the market price is at present.

Each time this happens a guy wonders if it will return to normal. Its hard to say with the current administration. Best of luck to those who weren't able to plan ahead during the Trump administration.
I believe they are as well, because there are multiple different listings for like items ending up around the same prices. If one wants to learn market value, those 15min rule auctions are probably the best way to figure it out.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'd just like to know which states those guys are from that are buying at those kind of "market values" right now. Those certainly aren't the market values in CO.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I'd just like to know which states those guys are from that are buying at those kind of "market values" right now. Those certainly aren't the market values in CO.
Agreed. I listed some brass on Craigslist and when people responded through email offered some 22lr, 9mm and 223 factory stuff I had. My prices were at Internet pricing (everything was sold out online of course) and 50% or more off gunbroker. I didn’t have a single taker. I finally decided to keep it all. I find it hard to believe guys are actually paying GB prices.

Mosby

WKR
I used to shoot every weekend. Bought powder, bullets, primers etc., based on my needs at that time. I was buying when you could get stuff anywhere. Got all my rifles really dialed in and have very specific loads for each. No need to shoot like I used too so now I have enough supplies to last me for years. My best decisions are always by accident.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I had 26 rounds of Hornady Precision Hunter 6.5CM 143gr ELD-X ammo listed on Armslist for over a month for $30 with no takers. I thought that was a little bizarre. I finally sold it, but looking on GB I guess I should have listed it there.

Spoonbill

WKR
I had 26 rounds of Hornady Precision Hunter 6.5CM 143gr ELD-X ammo listed on Armslist for over a month for $30 with no takers. I thought that was a little bizarre. I finally sold it, but looking on GB I guess I should have listed it there.
I bet the people buying on gunbroker are used to going to their local reloading shop and seeing that everything is out of stock and being told to go to gun broker by the store instead of looking around the internet for reasonably priced powder and ammo.