HH bib issue for horseback use

mcseal2

WKR
I have not sheep hunted, but wanted to share an issue I have had with the Helly Hennsen bibs riding horses. The junction of the seams between my balls and butt has leaked on 2 different pairs I've tried in the saddle. The saddle funnels more water there in a hard rain than that seam has handled. Walking in them I have not had an issue, without the saddle or weight pushing on the seam it's fine. If I ever wear a pair riding again I will silicon the seam or tenacious tape it first.

Anyway just something I would like to see if I could keep someone else from learning the hard way. The second pair that failed me was brand new, the first was not very old.

Thanks. I have a horseback hunt next year and planned on bringing my HH set. I’ll seal it then cover with tape. Really appreciate the heads up.

I'd wear some nice SIMS pants or other comfortable rain pants with the Longer HH Jacket for this situation.

TX_Diver

WKR
I wore some $50 Columbia pants from sportsmens warehouse on a horseback hunt last year and was impressed.

Wore em 2-3x over the course of the week in some really heavy rains and thick/thorny bushes and they held up great.

Wore em again on an antelope hunt 2 weeks ago and still waterproof. Just another option to consider or have as a backup.