Hha 4 pin

I am shooting an hha 4 pin this year and have the pins set for 20,25,30,35. I am using the top pin for the set point so it’s adjustable from 20-100 but the vane clearance is only good till about 80. My question is that does the gap stay the same throughout the dial between the for pins so if I set the dial to 80 would the bottom pin be accurate at 95? I’ve done pretty much all I can to raise the sight housing except lowering the arrow weight.

Ajax2744

FNG
No your spacing doesn’t stay 5 yards apart throughout the dial because the gaps get larger as you dial farther. Also Im not sure why you are spacing only 5 yards apart. I personally would go 10 yards apart, on my 4 pin I actually run them at 25,40,50,60. But If you want more distance pull the sight in, lower your anchor point/ peep sight. Drop all your pins to the bottom of the sight housing. Or flip your arrow so cock vane is down or shoot a 4 fletch and you’ll gain a little more clearance.

OP
S
No your spacing doesn’t stay 5 yards apart throughout the dial because the gaps get larger as you dial farther. Also Im not sure why you are spacing only 5 yards apart. I personally would go 10 yards apart, on my 4 pin I actually run them at 25,40,50,60. But If you want more distance pull the sight in, lower your anchor point/ peep sight. Drop all your pins to the bottom of the sight housing. Or flip your arrow so cock vane is down or shoot a 4 fletch and you’ll gain a little more clearance.
I would like to have the pin gaps similar to that but my bottom pin bottoms out at 35 with the current set up. I could try adjusting the peep a little more but don’t want to throw off my anchor point too much.

nphunter

WKR
Use the bottom pin as your slider pin and just shoot 20-35 on your pins, that will gain you some yardage for sure. Curious why you bottom pin only goes to 35? What is your setup, my 14yr old has a 3 pin slider and is set 20,30,40 and his 40 goes out to 75 easy. He’s also shooting 450gr arrows at 50lb of draw weight for elk hunting.

OP
S
Use the bottom pin as your slider pin and just shoot 20-35 on your pins, that will gain you some yardage for sure. Curious why you bottom pin only goes to 35? What is your setup, my 14yr old has a 3 pin slider and is set 20,30,40 and his 40 goes out to 75 easy. He’s also shooting 450gr arrows at 50lb of draw weight for elk hunting.
I shoot 500 grains and about 65lbs at 27” on a Mathews halon 32. It is timed properly and shooting bullet holes with the bare shaft so there must be something off with my set up or my anchor point.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely sounds like something odd is going on. Can you move your 20 up in the housing to give you more room to spread them out? Also could move the sight out from the riser.

Ajax2744

FNG
I didn’t realize you were using your top pin as the slider pin. If that’s the case and you didn’t move it up in the scope housing then you definitely are going to run into issues moving your other pins down far enough to get them spaced out further. I’d highly recommend using your bottom pin as your slider pin. I would slide your bottom pin down as low as you can go in your housing. Then move all the other pins up to the top and out of the way. Then with your dial moved to the top of its travel, dial in your bottom pin to 50 yards without moving the pin, just move the whole housing down or up as needed. Once your bottom pin is perfect for 50 then leave the housing alone and dial in your other 3 pins to 20, 30, and 40.
So once you do this you will have your pins all set with the dial at its highest position. Then you can use the provided tape to shoot and find the correct tape for your sight. When you have the right tape then you can move your dial back up and put the tape on with the pointer 50 yards to start. This will give you maximum travel and the farthest distance possible. But you will have to use your bottom pin to aim when you dial.