Hi Stacy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can relate. “Obviously” you haven’t walked in my shoes. I am in fact very aware of the big world out there...I’ve lived all over before I came back home and settled in the middle of no where. Since you don’t know me or have any clue about my experiences before making assumptive statements...I will give you my short resume of run ins with actual bad people.

Had my shoes and about $50 robbed off me when I worked down on La Salle in Chicago. Lived upper west side on Manhattan while working in the financial district had many a sketchy encounter. None of them started out with “nice truck do you hunt?”...

Good enough qualifications for you?
Ok...so you missed my point. Be nice to people. Be an ambassador to the sport. Stop being scared of everyone and thinking everyone is out to get you...that’s a poor way to live a life.

PLUS...I’ve locked up some great hunting pieces in several states off conversations at cafes and gas stations! Most of the time I start out with “Nice truck...do you hunt?”

Happy Easter everyone!
Wow. You are a warrior.

FWIW, my comment wasn't meant to question your "cred.". Only make you realize that you weren't there and have no responsibility to question how the OP handled their approach. No matter what you've determined was proper or not. You simply assume your judgement is best for him. Then you claim of the same wariness the OP exhibited when you lived in those type areas. The OP himself talked of lightening up as he got to understanding their intent. Yet, you can't see that for your irritation in the OP's actions to lead the couple on and have some fun himself.

Life is short. The way he handled it is not the way I'd chosen. But, I'm not going to loose sleep over it and realize this interaction won't change life for the young man or, his hot girlfriend.

I can relate. “Obviously” you haven’t walked in my shoes. I am in fact very aware of the big world out there...I’ve lived all over before I came back home and settled in the middle of no where.......

Obviously, you did miss it. The above quote came from his last post. Read the FIRST sentence.

Wow. You are a warrior.

FWIW, my comment wasn't meant to question your "cred.". Only make you realize that you weren't there and have no responsibility to question how the OP handled their approach. No matter what you've determined was proper or not. You simply assume your judgement is best for him. Then you claim of the same wariness the OP exhibited when you lived in those type areas. The OP himself talked of lightening up as he got to understanding their intent. Yet, you can't see that for your irritation in the OP's actions to lead the couple on and have some fun himself.

Life is short. The way he handled it is not the way I'd chosen. But, I'm not going to loose sleep over it and realize this interaction won't change life for the young man or, his hot girlfriend.

Mountaineer...either you do not understand the written word or your obviously condescending attitude just takes over and pukes out garbage.

Seriously man...I’m no warrior. Never said it never will. I was just letting you know that I have had interactions with bad people. Your previous condescending post mentions that I “obviously” have not witnessed the big bad world. I was just informing you I did. By getting robbed...sort of the opposite of a warrior! Hahaha

I’ve been reading your posts for years and you have a way of adding nothing to the conversation and always rubbing people the wrong way. Can’t you just chill out and add something of value instead of constantly puffing out your chest and acting like the big bad internet hero?

Let’s get back on topic here.

I’m pretty sure I was well within my rights to question him being a dick to those people. And suggesting a more positive interaction next time. I’m not the only one to determine that being friendly is the way to interact. I’m not alone in this line of thought.

Remember to be good to people and be positive. Most of us enjoy our sport and want to help people out. Next time you have a tex and Stacy approach you with a question like “nice truck do you hunt” reply yes I do shake their hand and have a civilized conversation. Like adults.

Happy Easter everyone!

Scottyboy

WKR
[QUOTE="Where's Bruce?, post: 1191274, member: 5495 ..When you train to carry they teach you to be polite and be prepared to kill everyone you meet...
[/QUOTE]

I don’t know anything about California law, but that attitude will get you a lot of time in prison where I’m from. You cannot shoot someone because they steal your vehicle, on the premise they might rob your house, then take your stuff to the pawn shop, and then use that money to buy a plane ticket, and the use your bow to rob a bank etc.

Stealing a vehicle is not a “life threatening” situation. (For the most part). Give em your keys and be done with it. You have insurance for a reason.

I’n sure glad I didn’t run into you when I was at Pendleton, I needed to ask directions a few times when I first got there...and I like hunting. Yikes, I would have been in trouble..

Ohhh and I got $100 your “instructor/trainer” wears 5.11 pants 7 days a week.

Mike7

WKR
This is hilarious. Bruce is either really enjoying this, or using this to finish a term paper for his sociology class.

My theory, having read Where's Bruce's posts previously, is that 1/2 of the story is completely made up or that there was at least some literary license taken to produce an entertaining tale or produce a story with an underlying point.

Mike7

WKR
It is interesting that we can be seemingly fairly rude here in condemming another's actions or words while doing so from the safety of our house, but would be completely Jesus like while under the stress of potentially getting mugged? Take a cleansing breath first everyone.

Mountaineer...either you do not understand the written word or your obviously condescending attitude just takes over and pukes out garbage.

Seriously man...I’m no warrior. Never said it never will. I was just letting you know that I have had interactions with bad people. Your previous condescending post mentions that I “obviously” have not witnessed the big bad world. I was just informing you I did. By getting robbed...sort of the opposite of a warrior! Hahaha

I’ve been reading your posts for years and you have a way of adding nothing to the conversation and always rubbing people the wrong way. Can’t you just chill out and add something of value instead of constantly puffing out your chest and acting like the big bad internet hero?

Let’s get back on topic here.

I’m pretty sure I was well within my rights to question him being a dick to those people. And suggesting a more positive interaction next time. I’m not the only one to determine that being friendly is the way to interact. I’m not alone in this line of thought.

Remember to be good to people and be positive. Most of us enjoy our sport and want to help people out. Next time you have a tex and Stacy approach you with a question like “nice truck do you hunt” reply yes I do shake their hand and have a civilized conversation. Like adults.

Happy Easter everyone!
The bad boy internet hero? Who can't understand the written word? This has nothing to do with that. I am neither of those. Nor do I condone what the OP did. I don't know how to make that anymore clear. You've missed that quite a bit here or, have glazed over and refuse to acknowledge it.

As far as your personal feelings towards me, I'm sorry you take things so personal that it has drew you to that conclusion. I suspect my part in that is due to my lack of tact in written communication on a hunting forum. And others sensitivity about their topics, subjects, or personal beliefs on them. But, you have showcased no unwillingness to tell me what you think. Make no mistake, I feel the same way. Its got to go both ways with adult communication.

Don;t take any of that personal. Don;t think I don't agree with your message. Don't be the guy that questions my commitment to the Lord because we are at a misunderstanding. And, don't loose sleep over the OP's actions. Life is too short.

Rob5589

WKR
So you acted like a typical Californian....good for you.

Unfortunate, but true a lot of the time. We don't exactly get the warmest of receptions from many of the ID locals when they see we are hunters from CA. But the two biggest turds we ran into last year were from, yep, CA :rolleyes:

Sled

WKR
i'm from the south. lived in louisiana, florida, texas, and oklahoma. i was courteous, respectful and engaging...then i moved to utah. all that got beat out of me real quick. when you wave at a stranger and say hello, they tense up and get defensive real quick. the flip side of that was theft. it's funny because in the south we had to lock everything up so it wouldn't get stolen. up here nobody locked anything up and it all stayed put. fast forward a couple decades and meth sure has changed some things.

so to me it was pick if you want friendly people or safe physical environment to live in. now i got neither. go figure

and yes, when i see California license plates i just cringe.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read through this thread and it has turned into a bunch of non sense that serves no purpose for what Rokslide is about. It also is likely to leave a bad taste for visitors to our site for the first time. Threads like these are the downfall to forums.

It will be locked, if you want to get it unlocked you will have to have Robby, Ryan or Tanya do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.