Hi Stacy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gheez, some of you guys take things way to serious.

I don't think anyone is taking something too serious. We have a major recruitment issue for hunting...we all need to treat people with respect and represent our sport in the best light possible.

Instead of being cold defensive and making up lies to people that are asking about hunting maybe a better idea to just tell them..."sorry I am scared that you are going to rob me...this state is awful and I live my life constantly looking over my shoulder. Have a nice day!" and end the conversation.

That would have been a more positive interaction than what Stacey experienced with Bruce.

I'm sorry if you take my posts the wrong way...but I work my tail off to bring more people into the sport mentoring, teaching classes, working on several committees. It is super frustrating to hear about people acting like this...and then to post bragging about screwing with people on a DIY back country site that was created to help people get into hunting...just seems super weird.

Coach Lou Holtz used to say:
1- Always do what's right
2- Always do your best
3- (most important) Always treat people the way you would like to be treated.
Might be putting this in the wrong post, but it still applies.

3forks

WKR
The next post from this Bruce guy will be about how some woman in a Prius glared at him and gave him a lecture in the grocery store parking lot about how hunting is cruel.

Bruce could probably decrease the amount of people that might approach him about hunting if he ditched the bow hunter decal and vanity plate.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Guys some people are just like Wheres Bruce.
"Sometimes I fork with people for my own entertainment"

He instantly judged these people before they even said a word.
"beat up ole truck with Texas plates"
"bum money with a sob story or jack me"

Nope not all of us CCW/LTC guys condone your Immediately defensive actions.
"Didnt shake his hand because I was scared"
"Dont remember his name"
"but remember Stacy because she was hot"

Some guys just want to live there life this way. To be honest I really don't care if they do. If anything I feel sorry for them that they arent able to look at the glass as half full anymore and pity them. The world can be a wonderful place or a shit hole at the same time. Its all just a matter of how you want to put your self in it. Wheres Bruce said all of this before in a semi recent thread about crossing paths with other hunters on the trail. He wont divulge where he is going or hunting and just wants to be left alone. Thats his right to be left alone. I dont think acting like a jerk and forking with people to be a jackass is the right way to live your life and I wouldnt have behaved that way but that is his right. I would rather treat everyone as a friend until they show otherwise.

Instead of giving him the gratification that he wants for acting like a jerk the world would be a better place if we all took a minute to reflect on his actions and use it as a guide on how not to behave with people. I know I will.

Last edited:

Azone

WKR
Happy Easter. mtmuley

Happy Easter to you mtmuley! This coming from a life long Californian that will say hi to strangers and still hold a door open for them to.
I wonder what Ms. Stacy would have to say about all this? :unsure:
Now everyone holster their fingertips from their phones and keyboards and have a great holiday weekend!✌

Didn't some guy say some words like 2,000 years ago about how to treat others with compassion, dignity, and respect?
....wait, it'll come to me, just give me a minute....:D

mtmuley

WKR
Happy Easter to you mtmuley! This coming from a life long Californian that will say hi to strangers and still hold a door open for them to.
I wonder what Ms. Stacy would have to say about all this? :unsure:
Now everyone holster their fingertips from their phones and keyboards and have a great holiday weekend!✌
Are you sure you act like that and are from California? We have lots of Californians here in Montana. Most mind their manners. The ones that don't get lessons from locals.:) mtmuley

Jd259

WKR
Wow Bruce people like you are the exact reason people from California have the image they do congrats on being a total ass to two perfectly nice people who were just being friendly I think you are the “judgy” people in this conversation way to go buddy.

OP
Where's Bruce?
How did he die?

He was trampled to death by others climbing over each other trying to reach the internet's moral high ground.

mtmuley

WKR
It's easy to spot guys like Bruce, at least here in Montana. They have hunting stickers and personalized hunting plates. mtmuley

I don't think anyone is taking something too serious. We have a major recruitment issue for hunting...we all need to treat people with respect and represent our sport in the best light possible.

Instead of being cold defensive and making up lies to people that are asking about hunting maybe a better idea to just tell them..."sorry I am scared that you are going to rob me...this state is awful and I live my life constantly looking over my shoulder. Have a nice day!" and end the conversation.

That would have been a more positive interaction than what Stacey experienced with Bruce.

I'm sorry if you take my posts the wrong way...but I work my tail off to bring more people into the sport mentoring, teaching classes, working on several committees. It is super frustrating to hear about people acting like this...and then to post bragging about screwing with people on a DIY back country site that was created to help people get into hunting...just seems super weird.
Coming from the pill abuse capital of the world, I can sure relate to the OP's uncertainty at first. While I wouldn't have handled it the way he did after not getting asked for money, I just don't see the harm in what he did while having fun. And recognize that much of the funny he finds in it now is laughing at himself for feeling threatened by these two in the first place Until you have had to be in these situations repeatedly, you simply cannot relate.

I didn't take your post the wrong way. I'm just telling you in a round about way that there is a whole big world out there that you obviously haven't been subject too.

Until you have had to be in these situations repeatedly, you simply cannot relate.

I didn't take your post the wrong way. I'm just telling you in a round about way that there is a whole big world out there that you obviously haven't been subject too.

I can relate. “Obviously” you haven’t walked in my shoes. I am in fact very aware of the big world out there...I’ve lived all over before I came back home and settled in the middle of no where. Since you don’t know me or have any clue about my experiences before making assumptive statements...I will give you my short resume of run ins with actual bad people.

Had my shoes and about $50 robbed off me when I worked down on La Salle in Chicago. Lived upper west side on Manhattan while working in the financial district had many a sketchy encounter. None of them started out with “nice truck do you hunt?”...

Good enough qualifications for you?
Ok...so you missed my point. Be nice to people. Be an ambassador to the sport. Stop being scared of everyone and thinking everyone is out to get you...that’s a poor way to live a life.

PLUS...I’ve locked up some great hunting pieces in several states off conversations at cafes and gas stations! Most of the time I start out with “Nice truck...do you hunt?”

Happy Easter everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.