Hickok45 cuts official ties with NRA

Perhaps we differ as to what constitutes a good job when it comes to loss of rights. When did it become vitriol to relay facts?

Esse quam videri
Pardon my generalization, I was not calling you out specifically in that statement but, to be clear and concise in this one--to date, we haven't lost any rights! Thank goodness!

Midwest.Bushlore

Lil-Rokslider
There are a litany of restrictive local laws that have public support that have not been adopted nationally largely based on the NRA's political power.

In some circles the NRA gets the same deference normally given to God. They get credit for everything even if they took no part in it, and when things spiral down it's just 'working in mysterious ways.' It's pure hyperbole to suggest that the NRA is the only reason we're not down to just water guns, and it's incredibly dismissive to millions of other people and organizations engaged in defending the Constitution.

Mike7

WKR
I am not going to defend the NRA for its uncovered government like corruption. In fact, that is why I never become a life member of anything...so that I can write a letter and withhold my membership if they don't get their act together. But that is what makes organizations like the Red Cross, etc. who have all have had scandals ultimately better than the federal government...better accountability.

Does the NRA use hyperbole? Sure. Is the threat to are freedoms overstated? Absolutely not!

I just moved from a blue state, and still have family there. The state has a good state constitution, but has an ever more progressive supreme court and is ruled by a corrupt progressive power structure concentrated in a small area of the state (many transplants from California and other foreign countries who grew up and were educated under authoritarian regimes without any idea what the constitution means at the federal or state levels).

There are CONSTANT threats to the second ammendment in that state, and the NRA seems to be right in the thick of it many times. Those that say that the nra has corruption which needs to be rooted out or that they don't agree with some positions that the nra takes, well more power to you.
But for those above who make blanket statements and say that the NRA is not doing any good (and you know who you are because you do it with every nra controversy), I question your motives and challenge you to back your shi!#% talking up with some facts.

Here is a small sample below of what is going on in Washington State, and coming soon to a state near you. Background checks aren't the problem. It is registration that is the problem, and which usually starts as just holding background check information for a while and then leads to confiscation....every time!

WA State Gov. Says ‘NRA On the Run,’ Gun Control Resistance Rises

Mosby

WKR
In some circles the NRA gets the same deference normally given to God. They get credit for everything even if they took no part in it, and when things spiral down it's just 'working in mysterious ways.' It's pure hyperbole to suggest that the NRA is the only reason we're not down to just water guns, and it's incredibly dismissive to millions of other people and organizations engaged in defending the Constitution.

I think there is a difference between the only reason and a major reason. There are always more than one reason and seldom a single reason, anything happens, particularly in politics. I know we are stronger with the NRA than without. Historically, they are the primary organization that has been carrying the torch for the 2nd Amendment and the gun rights of hunters in general, whether they deserve it or not. 9 Presidents were NRA members starting with U. S. Grant and including President Kennedy. Up to that point it was considered good politics. After the assassination, four Presidents have been members including President Trump and all were Republican. I am not aware of any other organization that has more history in the fight for us to retain our gun rights or has been doing it longer. That matters quite a bit to me.

While you may be correct, in that they don't deserve all of the credit for retaining our rights, they are seemingly the only gun rights group that gets the blame whenever there is a mass shooting or there is a discussion on gun violence in America. For that, every other organization and person involved in the fight, should be thankful, because that is a large burden that others do not have to carry.

Last edited: