High country blacktails?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, California has some great Blacktail hunting. Sadly it is getting very popular to hike in and hunt for a week. This year I am giving the Blacktails a break and heading into another wilderness area for Mulies. Welcome to Rok Slide....

Wa late season, rifle blacktail. Tracked him in the snow, seen something out of the ordinary protruding from the brush and it was an Antler, the rest is history...
IMG_8654.jpg

I had a muzzleloader tag for blacktail in OR two years ago. It was a fun hunt even though I didn't harvest one! I did take a nice Muley buck with my muzzleloader in Montana that year. I would love to hunt for blacktail again though! Maybe this year :)

Sooooooo, I guess after the last few posts I better not ask for you guys to point me in the right direction for a decent Blacktail hunt? LOL, anyway, the pics look awesome. I'LL probly get serious about a Blacktail hunt in another year or two, and I just know everybody will be "chompin at the bit" to help me.... I know I'm addicted to high country Muleys so I'm sure Blackys will be about the same. Goodluck to all, Mike

Awesome pics. Luv the BT's of Washington. :) Born and raised myself but all my BT hunting has been down lower. I luv high country tho.