High Country Fishing Lake

Sewall

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys/gals I'm wanting to take a trip to either Southern Colorado or New Mexico on a high country fishing trip. I've never done this before so I am looking for info on lakes I can hike to and catch some fish. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
There's really too many options to list. Pick a designated wilderness area and start finding high alpine lakes in Google Earth. most are going to hold fish. If you are planning a trip, I'd suggest planning a route that allows you to hit multiple lakes. I've rarely went to an alpine lake that did not hold fish. Ive fished quite a bit in the Holy Cross, Eagles Nest, Mt. Zirkel, and Sangre De Cristo. You'll hear rumor of large fish in some lakes, but for the most part, they are small, but fun to catch!

D2FjaZN.jpg

OP
Sewall

Sewall

Lil-Rokslider
There's really too many options to list. Pick a designated wilderness area and start finding high alpine lakes in Google Earth. most are going to hold fish. If you are planning a trip, I'd suggest planning a route that allows you to hit multiple lakes. I've rarely went to an alpine lake that did not hold fish. Ive fished quite a bit in the Holy Cross, Eagles Nest, Mt. Zirkel, and Sangre De Cristo. You'll hear rumor of large fish in some lakes, but for the most part, they are small, but fun to catch!

D2FjaZN.jpg

Thanks for the info! I'm not looking for monsters, just a good time camping in the mountains and eating some fresh caught fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk