High Country Mulies 2020

ColoradoV

WKR
Wondering who out there is planning on hunting mule deer high and early with a bow, muzzy, or rifle? It does not matter the state or area - just wondering who else is looking forward to better times this late summer munching on sunflower seeds behind the glass looking for a buck.

So are you one that will be at elevation looking for a buckskin in 2020??

IMG_0128.jpg

I'll be up there. I won't have a tag but a buddy will. Good to dream on right about now.

sagebuster

Lil-Rokslider
Sit and watch the sunrise. Stare thru the glass. Always better at 9,000 ft. No harm in being optimistic about that.

zacattack

WKR
Wondering who out there is planning on hunting mule deer high and early with a bow, muzzy, or rifle? It does not matter the state or area - just wondering who else is looking forward to better times this late summer munching on sunflower seeds behind the glass looking for a buck.

So are you one that will be at elevation looking for a buckskin in 2020??

View attachment 167024

Going to Idaho for rifle, planning on late October. No idea as to what part of the state yet. This will be my first ever mule hunt And first time ever going to Idaho. I’m also going with bear and wolf tags just in case.

OXN939

WKR
with a stickbow cause I like to suffer.

My hunting buddy wanted to take the sadness sticks, but I have eaten too many Mulie tags recently so it will be either early blackpowder in September or cashing in my WY points for a limited entry rifle tag.

I should be hunting the high country early September as long as the draws work out. Looking forward to it for sure.

a week of WA high buck followed by a week+ ID A elk hunt. should be a fun september.

OP
ColoradoV

ColoradoV

WKR
Here is to the snow melting and getting up above 11,000 ft! This year my wife will draw a muzzy tag and that hunt should be a hoot. She has joined me chasing bucks a few times but this will be her first time with tag in hand so she is excited. Hope to have a archery tag but have to see how things play out as only have a slim chance in the draw. Got 3-4 bucks that it would just make my day if made the winter. As a family we decided to hunt close to home this year so only Co for me.

Snowpack around all over Colo is pretty much 100% and we just did not see the giant avalanche cycles this year. So the trails and access should be getting better cleaned up. Winter was not bad or I would expect a normal winter kill this year.

IMG_0519 (1).jpg

Mt Al

WKR
I'll be up there, Lord willing. Some of my favorite access point roads get snowed/drifted over way too early. Time to start looking for a track-outfitted ATV or side by side so it's no longer an issue. Can't wait

chasewild

WKR
Since we're expecting our first late in August -- I won't be chasing muleys this year.

But July and early August, every chance I get, I'll be up high with glass, looking at basins that haunted me last year.

And then next year.....full psycho for dayzzzzzz.