High end coolers & why I don't own one.....

Tsnider

WKR
you guys should try out the Arctic Ice packs as well. theyre expensive but last forever. The tundra series will freeze anything solid in your cooler. if you put a case of sun warmed beer on top of the tundra series you will go back 2 hours later and every beer will have blown up from freezing.

i used 2 Alaska series in the bottom of my pelican 45 with frozen foods, precooled beer and it they are better than ice and its nice having no water at the bottom.

they last a little longer than ice if you get the right amount for the cooler size. the main thing is to precool your cooler for a good 4-6 hours with a frozen water jug or whatever. and the cool thing is they stay basically the same temp until they are totally thawed out.

High end coolers & why I don't own one.....

I haven't read through the whole thread but I'll share that I own a yeti 65. I got it 20% off from REI last year. It has been great but it's about too heavy for me to lift by myself if it has stuff in it. I like to buy quality stuff that last a long time. You will also not see me riding around with a big Yeti decal on my back glass. Personally I think all the big yeti and Costa stickers are ridiculous.

WVhillbilly

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a Rtic 20 for my step dad for Christmas. On sale right now for $110. Really nice and a lot cheaper than the other Yeti types. They are suppose to have a 110 out in January.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
This is good to hear your positive experience with the Colman Extreme cooler. I picked up 3, 150 qt coolers for 60$ a piece on Craig's list. They were only used once by a catering service and are basically brand new. Cant wait to put them to use next year on our Idaho elk hunt.