High-end gear in the field

What gear other than your own have you NOT seen in the field?

• Sitka

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Kuiu

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • First lite

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Kifaru

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Stone Glacier

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Seek Outside

Votes: 41 65.1%
  • FHF

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • AGC

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Swarovski

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Mystery Ranch

Votes: 26 41.3%

• Total voters

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
If you never get farther from the truck than a couple miles of live out of a pack for 10 days or more, Technical gear is probably not necessary for your hunt.. Live out of your pack, 15 miles or more from the truck for 10 days or so, thech gear is a real advantage.. Get soaked through to the bone, on the mountain top, you'll be glad for good gear and not Wranglers and plaid... Can it/has it been done.. Sure.. But if I can have good gear that helps me stay out on a hunt that I've invested considerable time and effort into(I'm a DIY guy) I'm going to have it.. I'm no fanboy(I look like I rolled out of a mountain hunting lost and found) but good gear is really helpful in extending a tough hunt..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

When I started backpack hunting, it was in cabelas cotton camo and a big kelty external frame. Lots of good memories and some mule deer and black tail killed...but also a lot of discomfort. I’m a huge Kuiu fanboy now after buying a pair of tiburon pants back when they first opened. I try to get a few new pieces of gear every year for bday and Xmas gifts. I’m fully decked out at this point and couldn’t be happier. I’ve tried various mountaineering brands in the past but they have all disappointed in some way or another. I’m brand loyal because I know it works and I know what to expect with Kuiu. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was uncomfortable on a hunt because of a clothing issue...so for me it’s been worth the (gradual) investment of money into something that keeps me comfortable and on the mountain longer. To each their own.