High end hunting pack 2200 to 3600

Jimss

WKR
My small volume day packs stay in the truck around 80% of the time. The new materials used on Kifaru and other top end packs are sometimes even lighter that some of the smaller volume packs. It's also nice having a frame capable of 100+ lb loads. I hardly know I have my Kifaru on my back while scouting or hunting with 20 to 30 lb loads. The same load in a daypack for days of scouting/hunting and my shoulders, neck, and back would be sore.

I sometimes switch bags on my Kifaru frame if I want a little less bulk and weight. Kifaru offers so many lid, pocket, and other options that you can customize your bags to your particular needs. I would definitely consider a large volume pack with super comfortable Kifaru frame if I were you! Even large bags cinch down tight and compact. When I need to pack out a hefty load I'm set....I don't have to return to the truck and make an extra trip switching to my Kifaru!

I would highly recommend the Stone Glacier solo. It seems to be on the high end of your capacity needs and SG rates the frame for holding 150lbs. I have taken it out a few times and it carries like a dream on my big frame. I can not attest to its meat hauling capabilities since I have been skunked every time, love that SoCal hunting.

pc3

WKR
My small volume day packs stay in the truck around 80% of the time. The new materials used on Kifaru and other top end packs are sometimes even lighter that some of the smaller volume packs. It's also nice having a frame capable of 100+ lb loads. I hardly know I have my Kifaru on my back while scouting or hunting with 20 to 30 lb loads. The same load in a daypack for days of scouting/hunting and my shoulders, neck, and back would be sore.

I sometimes switch bags on my Kifaru frame if I want a little less bulk and weight. Kifaru offers so many lid, pocket, and other options that you can customize your bags to your particular needs. I would definitely consider a large volume pack with super comfortable Kifaru frame if I were you! Even large bags cinch down tight and compact. When I need to pack out a hefty load I'm set....I don't have to return to the truck and make an extra trip switching to my Kifaru!
Tend to agree with this. I now have a couple of Kifaru Frames, Tac 26 and Duplex lite 26. The 44 mag is now on the Duplex lite, feels great on the back and I don't believe overly large, much comfier than the old Eberlestock GS11 I used, that thing with 30 odd pounds carried like a loaded diaper on your back....and I reckon the pack by itself was as heavy, if not heavier, than the 44 and Duplex lite frame.

MaDuece is on the Tac 26"

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Kuiu Pro 2300 as my day pack. I like the organization for a day pack and the minimal amounts of straps. It’s just enough space for late season hunts.

That being said, I’ll be buying a Seek Outside Goshawk 6300 as it is lighter than my Kuiu and compresses down really small. I’d also imagine it’ll carry heavy loads out a lot better than my Kuiu, but can’t actually confirm that yet. The Kuiu will probably become my wife’s daypack or a loaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a good pack too for 3-4 day trips for archery elk/deer. I have a real pet peeve against noise and all those top end packs use noisy cordura bags. Do I simply need to get over it??? I have hunted out west 20+ years and in timber you are regularly having branches drag across your pack. Eberlestock and Badlands have some quiet bag materials, but from everything I have read they are not top tier performers. Would appreciate any insights/thoughts....thx

I tested 8 packs against each other in two different reviews so let's really dig into this. So I want to play devil's advocate here...When you say heavy, you are talking about the difference of 2-3lbs. So let's start there. Let's say you are packing our meat, are you telling me you that you can tell the difference between a pack that weighs 83 pounds and a pack that weighs 85 pounds?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
That’s where the rubber meets the road for me… I don’t really care about empty pack weight… I care a lot more how it feels with 90# in it.

I’ve tried Exo, Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Kuiu, and Seek Outside. Seek Outside was my favorite as far as fit and comfort, but I couldn’t make the bag I had work for whitetail. Exo fit is also great and I love the 4800 bag. So now I use an Exo for hunting and a Seek Outside for everything else.

I hated the Kuiu I had - just unreal lumber pressure for me. I only bring that up to point out that although Kuiu was great for @Zach Herold it may not be right for everyone. You really have to get your hands on something, fit it properly, and haul some weight around to know for yourself.
I had a kuiu early on and hated that thing… I had the waist belt shredded in one season, non stop loud squeak, and didn’t carry well with a heavy load… it sat for a few years, then I bought the newer style waist belt and suspension which made it better, but not good (still squeaking like a big dog)

The resale was bad too, even after swapping the wore out parts (shoulder straps and waist belt)

I hated that pack, and that frame was the worst I have used for hanging up in brush… only thing good I can say about kuiu packs is they are light… didn’t make me like it even a little

Not a kuiu hater either, at all, but I despise their packs

OP
Venator

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a good pack too for 3-4 day trips for archery elk/deer. I have a real pet peeve against noise and all those top end packs use noisy cordura bags. Do I simply need to get over it??? I have hunted out west 20+ years and in timber you are regularly having branches drag across your pack. Eberlestock and Badlands have some quiet bag materials, but from everything I have read they are not top tier performers. Would appreciate any insights/thoughts....thx
I’d take the time and watch Zach’s videos as he gets pretty down and dirty with all the top tiers.
Seek, SG, Kifaru and Exo (USA made) bags all have excellent reviews by tons of hunters on this site alone. I don’t believe the pack will make anymore noise than you are, the rest comes down to comfortability and trying them on.
I tried them all, kifaru 22 mag, SG solo on x-curve, SG EVO on Krux, and Exo.
All awesome just each has its niche and feel.
SG and Exo for me were the most comfortable with weight, it was tough but in the end I decided Exo because i got some side pockets built into bag that I will use and it seemed to be a simpler design in regards to load shelf.
Good luck and happy hunting

EdP

WKR
The idea of a "daypack" that can haul 80-100 lbs to me is ludicrous. That's a loadhauler framed pack, not something to carry your lunch, water, extra clothes, and kill kit for a day hunt. I have a loadhauler pack like that and use it as my daypack when backpack hunting because I'm not going to take an extra pack along. It works OK but adds bulk and several pounds of unnecessary weight to a day hunt. For a true daypack I want something to carry about 25 lbs max, narrow and long so I can move easily, with a waist belt to transfer some weight to my hips, external pockets for easy access to lunch, phone/GPS, and water bottle. When I've got an animal down and field dressed I'll go get my load hauler and return. It is a "day hunt" after all.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I’d take the time and watch Zach’s videos as he gets pretty down and dirty with all the top tiers.
Seek, SG, Kifaru and Exo (USA made) bags all have excellent reviews by tons of hunters on this site alone. I don’t believe the pack will make anymore noise than you are, the rest comes down to comfortability and trying them on.
I tried them all, kifaru 22 mag, SG solo on x-curve, SG EVO on Krux, and Exo.
All awesome just each has its niche and feel.
SG and Exo for me were the most comfortable with weight, it was tough but in the end I decided Exo because i got some side pockets built into bag that I will use and it seemed to be a simpler design in regards to load shelf.
Good luck and happy hunting
Yeah, that was a great video. I will watch it again. Was there supposed to be a second video in the series? I agree the SG just doesn't have many/any exterior pockets. The EXO adjustable frame length is pretty neat, keep it shorter when day packing, but lengthen it to get more load lifter action when packing heavy. THANKS for the feedback!

OP
Venator

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I’m very happy with it.
Here is the link for part 2. Good luck!

If you go the Exo route just get the 4800 bag. The 4800 can compress down to as low of a profile as the 1800 and it has a horseshoe zipper, so no digging around needed from the top of the roll top