High/Front ankle pain

Couple questions, I have a pair of Crispi Colorado's I've been wearing since December. I've started walking ~3 miles every other day with 50#. I threw in a pair of soles out of an old pair of work boots, and it kills the front of my ankles about a half mile in. What exactly is happening that is changing? I am guessing the soles raise my feet out enough the boot isn't giving as much support. With the regular soles the front of my ankles don't hurt, but the bottom of my feet start to get sore after awhile. Nothing that isn't manageable but it seems odd soles change that much.

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
What do you mean by front of ankle? The top of the joint? Where the shin meets? Top of foot at joint? All of the above?

OP
Page Master
What do you mean by front of ankle? The top of the joint? Where the shin meets? Top of foot at joint? All of the above?

Yeah bottom of the shin where the front of the ankle bends with each step.

tdot

WKR
Fractions of an inch can make a difference in the fit of your boot. With insoles they can raise your feet a few mm, but then give your foot better support so that it doesn't flatten out as much, net result can be a substantial change at the top of your foot.

Is it on the inside of your ankle joint or on the exterior of your ankle (aka your skin). If it's skin irritation it could be anything from a seam now rubbing on your foot to leg hair being yanked out in that location.

If it's within the ankle joint itself it could also ne a seam, or just your ankle no longer aligning with the pivot point of your boot (that's usually only am issue with very stiff boots, I dont know if the Colorado's are stiff enough to have that problem)

OP
Page Master
Fractions of an inch can make a difference in the fit of your boot. With insoles they can raise your feet a few mm, but then give your foot better support so that it doesn't flatten out as much, net result can be a substantial change at the top of your foot.

Is it on the inside of your ankle joint or on the exterior of your ankle (aka your skin). If it's skin irritation it could be anything from a seam now rubbing on your foot to leg hair being yanked out in that location.

If it's within the ankle joint itself it could also ne a seam, or just your ankle no longer aligning with the pivot point of your boot (that's usually only am issue with very stiff boots, I dont know if the Colorado's are stiff enough to have that problem)

That is what I kind of figured was happening.