High Grade partial rotator cuff tear

jfs82

WKR
Most rehab protocols hold off of any resistance training with the shoulder until around the 10-12 week mark. At that point you'll be able to start light strengthening progression on the involved shoulder, probably 6-8 weeks before you'll have enough strength to start weight training or dynamic exercises with that shoulder, and it'll be starting with light weight. You'll be able to start with cardio and some core and leg workouts before then, but you will still be pretty limited with what you can do to protect the shoulder. You're probably looking at 5-6 months before you're back to intense dynamic workouts. I'd plan on 6 and plan from there, if you make it a little earlier it'll be gravy instead of frustration.
I wonder if this is why mine still hurts so many years later, I kinda made up my own rehab stuff being young, dumb and broke.

As was said above, you will have plenty of time to get back to where you are now, fitness wise, by next August. I had 90-100 degree slap tear (labrum) repaired with 4 anchors in my left shoulder. After therapy my ROM was better in the repaired shoulder than my right one. And with time was able to get even stronger on all lifts than I was pre-surgery.