High Mileage Vehicle's

Meh have 2 with 200k. Drove to kansas this fall from Michigan and had no worries. My brother always buys them with hi miles buts hes mechanic inclined. No real issues other than maintenance

Okie94

FNG
I have a 6.0 powerstroke with 250,000 drive it 4 hours too work every other week still going strong.

I'll throw another vote in for the '01-'06 GM full size trucks. I love GM trucks but I try to be objective and I'm not liking what I'm seeing for longevity on the newer half ton platform.
6.0 vortecs are my favorite but I've got one of every flavor at the moment and they all have their purpose. Just did a 3000 mile trip with an '01 Tahoe with 188k on it and I'd change the oil and turn around and do it again. I don't know that I'd stick a 6.0 in in place of 5.3 just because you've probably got a 4L65e trans or some variation and that's probably going to become a weak link at some point, but they do seem to get away with it in the Escalades and Denali so you might get by with it
Everything has its issues, but keep up on fluids and maintenance and you can drive one of these trucks for significantly less than interest and depreciation on a new truck. I'm at the point I'll probably be rocking this body style for a few more years, but when the times comes to break down and go with the new style it will probably be to a 6.0 and 6l80e.
If the body/interior/front end/etc are good I'd throw a motor in yours and keep on trucking.

I’m a used car manager at a decent sized Toyota dealership and approve almost all the work done on our used cars before they go on the lot. I decide what used vehicles we keep and what ones we send to the auction. I agree that most domestics need more work on them than Toyota’s when they’re traded in. That being said I drive a Ram Cummins(need to be able to tow a decent amount and get good fuel economy) but I bought it with extremely low miles. Knowing the maintenance history and use of it prior to me buying it is essential with most domestics. I would almost never buy a domestic truck with anywhere near 100k on it unless I had a ton of service records and could verify the condition of it before I pulled the trigger. Even then you’re still gambling that you’re getting a good one when you buy it. With most Toyota’s you’re safe buying them “blind” even with 150k miles or more. Just my 2 cents.

I didn't read all the other responses.
Ugg theres so much that goes into it.
I recently inherited a 7.3 Diesel w 105k. I thought ohh boy holly grail. Man what a world of problems from sitting, I've replaced almost everything. I'd rather it have had 250 awesomely maintained miles.

90k non maintained vs 180k up to snuff are to completely different rigs.

I just picked up an 05 Tundra w 117k it needed some tires and things. But my research suggests these are one of the most reliable rigs on the road.

I'd give some serious thought into an 05-06 Tundra double cab. The 05,06 are like 15hp more. But any of the 4.7 trucks I think are great.
I think these years offer awesome reliability and are a great comprise of size, enough room but not bloated. Yeah they cost a little more but I hope it'll be worth it.

isu22andy

WKR
A newer low mileage vehicle is invaluable when it comes to a trip across the country to hunt. We put on 2500 miles to hunt muleys in Montana this year . My one big trip a year... The last thing I wanted to worry about was my truck breaking down. Im sure high mileage vehicles will make it hell I got a 99 ford in the driveway with 170k on it . Thing that sucks is your XYZ buddy that has the high mileage vehicle always somehow weasles his way into you driving your newer pickup .