High Performance Jacket in Max 1?

BigWave

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a high performance soft shell jacket in Max 1. Are there any real good options out there? Ideally a Sitka Jetstream or KUIU Guide Jacket in Max 1 would be PERFECT!!!! Any ideas?

Thanks!

JNDEER

WKR
I have the Core4 jacket in MAX 1 (got it from CAMOFIRE). It was with me in AZ in January for 10 days and has seen about 6 days in the local hills after pigs.

In the freezing cold in AZ it worked awesome, in the local hills it worked just as awesome. I really like the jacket. I did not over heat hiking the hills, never got cold in the crazy wind and freezing temps (AZ got as low at 8 when I was there). It hugs nice to my frame and allows me to still shoot fine without worry about the string catching.

I have never compared it to the others, but I really like mine.

JNDEER

WKR
How does the Core 4 jacket do at repelling water?

I sprayed water on it while wearing it. It did ok at shedding small amounts, but would not hold up in a constant rain storm.

If your concerned with water from plants, brush or light drizzle (short)...it would say it would be fine. One of the days in the pig woods it was misty fog and had rained the night before. no issue with the brush I walked through and the mist from the fog (about 1.5 hours worth) was not noticeable on the jacket.

OP
BigWave

BigWave

Lil-Rokslider
I sprayed water on it while wearing it. It did ok at shedding small amounts, but would not hold up in a constant rain storm.

If your concerned with water from plants, brush or light drizzle (short)...it would say it would be fine. One of the days in the pig woods it was misty fog and had rained the night before. no issue with the brush I walked through and the mist from the fog (about 1.5 hours worth) was not noticeable on the jacket.

Right on. Thanks for the input. I don't expect it to do rain coat duty, but the more repellant it is, the better for getting caught out for a short period in the rain. Not sure which way to go, but I want to pick up one of these pieces before fall. I just talked to a FL dealer friend about the new FL puffy, and he wasn't real impressed with it. I'd still like to see one in person. We'll see.

Thanks!