High power binos vs spotter

T_Nelomz

FNG
After reading Robbie's book, (third time now), I am starting to consider getting some high powered binos. I already have a my 8x42's and a have a nice spotter. If you hade to choose only 1, between a spotter and high powered binos which would you choose and why? Sorry if this topic has been brought up before. I went back a couple clicks and didn't see it on here.

Blue72

WKR
Your best bet is to try it out for yourself.

I prefer the comfort of two eyed viewing, larger FOV, and brighter image. But most of my viewing is under 1.5-2 miles and I’m comfortable with the target scale and details I get at those distances

others definitely want more magnification that they get with a scope

OP
T

T_Nelomz

FNG
Your best bet is to try it out for yourself.

I prefer the comfort of two eyed viewing, larger FOV, and brighter image. But most of my viewing is under 1.5-2 miles and I’m comfortable with the target scale and details I get at those distances

others definitely want more magnification that they get with a scope
My eyes start to hurt after a short time using a spotter, but I can glass with decent binos all day. That's what made me think about that. Thanks for the perspective!

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Well if you already have a nice spotter then get 10s or 12s in the top 3 tier glass.

I run 10x42 Zeiss victory SFs and the kowa 553 spotter and it’s all I need for a long time unless they come out with a compact 30 ounce 85mm :)