HighCamp came a little early!

Curtis C

WKR
Got a little surprise yesterday when I got the email that my pack had shipped. Being just a stones throw away from Kifaru it was delivered today.

A few pre hands on concerns I had were
(a) I wasn't sure how I would like the Highlander Camo having never seen it in person.
(b) After reading another thread about the size of the Highcamp 7K I was a little worried I may have ordered the wrong size.

When I opened the box the concern about the Highlander pattern was gone. This pattern looks quite different than what I saw in pics. I like the camo.

After getting home I filled the pack with a down sleeping bag and few other down garments. I wanted to get the bag fully expanded so I could see its true size when crammed full. Its big but not as big as I had started to think it may be. I almost ask to change size to the 4800 but I am glad I didn't. I may still order the smaller bag for weekend trips but glad to have the 7K at this point.

Highcamp 002 (Small).jpg

BigSurArcher

Banned
When was your ship date supposed to be? Mine is just over 2 weeks away, it would be sweet if it was early like yours! Looks good!

mtbshark

WKR
ok i was doing well with the patience but now it is starting to fade quickly.
4/11 is my og ship date!
so hope i get an email sometime today!!!!!!

pack looks sick

cmeier117

WKR
Exactly what I ordered! I can't wait, can you take pick with the pack stuffed full of pillows and blankets or something? I would like to see a size comparrision.

Tim M

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! i just got a tracking number on mine and like you i am close enough (just over the mountains) that it is supposed to be delivered today!

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Exactly what I ordered! I can't wait, can you take pick with the pack stuffed full of pillows and blankets or something? I would like to see a size comparrision.

If I were to stuff the bag it might stretch a little. I allowed the sleeping bag and garments to expand and fill the pack bag. The lid is only pulled over the top but not cinched down. I think that is a pretty good representation of the size(at least the height). I will see about posting some 360° pics this evening.

cmeier117

WKR
If I were to stuff the bag it might stretch a little. I allowed the sleeping bag and garments to expand and fill the pack bag. The lid is only pulled over the top but not cinched down. I think that is a pretty good representation of the size(at least the height). I will see about posting some 360° pics this evening.

Nevermind, I just noticed the pack was full in the picture. Thanks for the pic.

Got a little surprise yesterday when I got the email that my pack had shipped. Being just a stones throw away from Kifaru it was delivered today.

A few pre hands on concerns I had were
(a) I wasn't sure how I would like the Highlander Camo having never seen it in person.
(b) After reading another thread about the size of the Highcamp 7K I was a little worried I may have ordered the wrong size.

When I opened the box the concern about the Highlander pattern was gone. This pattern looks quite different than what I saw in pics. I like the camo.

After getting home I filled the pack with a down sleeping bag and few other down garments. I wanted to get the bag fully expanded so I could see its true size when crammed full. Its big but not as big as I had started to think it may be. I almost ask to change size to the 4800 but I am glad I didn't. I may still order the smaller bag for weekend trips but glad to have the 7K at this point.

View attachment 7206

Wow, If you ever take your pack off for a final stalk, make sure you mark the location with your GPS or you'll never find it again! I would have to add bright flagging to it if I had that pack. I have owned one camo pack in my hunting career and ended up losing it for a few days because it blended in so well. After I found it, I put it in the closet and it hasn't seen the light of day since.

Snyd

WKR
So what are the measurements of the bag stuffed full like that?

Curtis, would love to hear some measurements and the 360 pics. but mostly I would love to see some 360 pics of the pack on you. This would really help to get some perspective on it's size, especially if you could tell us your height and weight. Thanks man!

I just picked up my DT1 Bikini a couple hrs ago at the UPS office. First thoughts opening the box--incredible workmanship. And HUGE! Was really impressed with the job they do fitting the packs with the measurements we give when ordering. Cant wait to get out in the field this weekend and take it for a spin. Definitely the last pack I will ever buy. No wait.....I see a Highcamp 4800 calling my name too! It will never end.