Highcountry Mule Deer

WAHunter

FNG
What a rush! A tip from a fellow Rokslider gave me some general areas to check out. Then the INSANE amount of physical effort to scout the unit started. I was humbled by the sheer effort that was required to give this hunt the time it deserved! We hit the trailhead at 7pm on Saturday and arrived at my cached camp at 2AM....... Sunday morning resulted in a few small bucks but nothing I was after. That evening we moved camp and found an awesome buck in a different basin. After an intense 10 minutes, and an embarrassing 10 shots later (I have really bad adrenaline issues..) I had my first highcountry mule deer on the ground! Could not be happier. We went in heavy and came out heavier.
Nice!

SCT

FNG
That’s awesome, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
That’s an awesome story of focus, commitment and sheer will.

Just out of curiosity, how many rounds did you have left?

litework

FNG
What a rush! A tip from a fellow Rokslider gave me some general areas to check out. Then the INSANE amount of physical effort to scout the unit started. I was humbled by the sheer effort that was required to give this hunt the time it deserved! We hit the trailhead at 7pm on Saturday and arrived at my cached camp at 2AM....... Sunday morning resulted in a few small bucks but nothing I was after. That evening we moved camp and found an awesome buck in a different basin. After an intense 10 minutes, and an embarrassing 10 shots later (I have really bad adrenaline issues..) I had my first highcountry mule deer on the ground! Could not be happier. We went in heavy and came out heavier.
"Went in heavy and came out heavier." Classic! Well done.