hiking/hunting boots for plantar fasciitis

In the middle of training for a marathon last fall, and prepping for my Colorado hunt, I guess I overdid it because I now know what plantar fasciitis is and it friggin sux. It's taken me out of my workout routine for six months now and I never want to get it again.

What are some good hiking boots that will help me get back on the trail and not contribute to the problem?

I have read just about everything there is to read about treating it, so I'm doing those things. And I've researched insoles too. But I just don't know what to look for in footwear with this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bl704

WKR
In the middle of training for a marathon last fall, and prepping for my Colorado hunt, I guess I overdid it because I now know what plantar fasciitis is and it friggin sux. It's taken me out of my workout routine for six months now and I never want to get it again.

What are some good hiking boots that will help me get back on the trail and not contribute to the problem?

I have read just about everything there is to read about treating it, so I'm doing those things. And I've researched insoles too. But I just don't know what to look for in footwear with this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Had this problem in both feet 18mths ago. Real bad, could hardly walk first thing in the morning. Tried balls, frozen water bottle, socks, saw the ortho and did Prednisone shots in both feet which was sufficient for one.

I went with with a superfeet blue but still use my same Salomon boots. They provide some additional support.

I still have a prob with one foot, which flares up when I push too hard. When it flares up, I'll work it with a lacrosse ball and ibuprophen.

I think the insoles have as much to do as the boots you wear. I had PF hit me bad about 2 years ago and my physical therapist recommended I use Superfeet. The green ones had too high of an arch so I went with the blue ones and they have worked great ever since. I have a set in each pair of shoes except running shoes.

utah450

FNG
I haven't had a problem in a few years, but I don't run as much either. I also use superfeet. I have use green and I thin carbon ones. I mostly run Zamberlan boots for what that is worth.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m on the tail end of a case of it myself, I guess I’m getting old because I backed off from the activities aggravating it immediately since I have a goat tag and I figured I’d rather miss a few weeks of training than end up totally screwed but even so, it’s been since March 1st.

move been using superfeet green in my daily shoes, then super feet trails in my boots, I’ve also been using a pro stretch several times a day to stretch my calves out.

Had it too.

Stiffer soles (Crispi Thor and Idaho) with super feet green helped.

Tried a lot to treat it. Mine didn’t really resolve until I was able to strengthen my feet from a solid change to my workout routine.

I had it about 6 years ago. My fix was to figure out why it happened to me and fix the root problem. I ended up changing all of my footwear to soft and more natural styles with flexible soles and wide toe boxes. My feet were weak from having too much "support" wearing stiff boots all of the time and could not handle hard work. This is not a quick or easy fix, but I believe it focuses on the root problem. It took me a couple of years to adapt to what is my new normal.

Changing shoes has always done wonders for me. Might not be possible on a backpack hunt, but if from a vehicle having different shoes morning and arvo was really helpful.

I only wear Hoka One One's boots hunting now. I haven't found a more forgiving shoes in 6 years of battling PF. I also stretch my feet anytime I think about it.