Hiking NW WA

BuckSnort

WKR
If things go as planned I will be visiting family up there late this month or early August.. I plan on climbing Mt Adams while there but also looking for suggestions of some decent 1-3 day hikes within a few hours drive from Camano Island.. I'd like to be in an area where I had a chance of glassing up and or taking pics of either Goats/deer/elk....Hoping there's areas within a few hours of driving where this is possible, I don't wanna end up on trails of thick forests where there are no openings for glassing opportunities...

Suggestions would be great thanks...

7mag.

WKR
There are many places to do what you want within a few hours of the Puget Sound. Alpine Lakes Wilderness, Glacier Peak Wilderness, Goat Rocks Wilderness, Norse Peak Wilderness, Mt. Baker and surrounding area, several wilderness' in the Olympic Mountains. If you want more specifics, pm me and I'll help you out.

Bearcat

FNG
From hwy 2 over Stevens Pass check out Little Giant Pass or Boulder Pass. Either one looks down into the Napeequa R. I have seen goats, deer, bear. Further north from hwy 20 over the pass to Mazama then go to Hearts Pass and take the PCT north or south, goats, deer, bear. If for sure wanting to see elk too then Goat Rocks would be better. The couple spots I mentioned you will be in the timber for a while until you climb up to the alpine but both are scenic and some of my favorite hikes. If you make it to Hearts Pass you can see goats sometimes right off the road on the way up right past dead horse point where there is a natural mineral lick below the road a few yards. hope that helps a little. you probably could google the names I mentioned and see what pics you can find to see if its what your looking for, I would post some but they are all on prints. hope that helps a little.