Hiking/trail/ everyday shoe

bozeman

WKR
I'm looking for lighter, comfy mid (6") boot for everyday winter wear. Are the Crossovers comfy enough to wear all winter long, all day, everyday? This would be in a more casual setting, not working outdoors.
Crispi Monaco.......took a lil while for break in, but I wear these out to town and on most weekends......

4rcgoat

WKR
I'm looking for lighter, comfy mid (6") boot for everyday winter wear. Are the Crossovers comfy enough to wear all winter long, all day, everyday? This would be in a more casual setting, not working outdoors.
Im going out on a limb here, but these may be the most comfortable pair of hiking/casual shoes ive ever worn.

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
The altra lone peak 4.5 are what I’ve been wearing everywhere for the last 2 years or more I’m an electrician so wear them in all sorts of situations from concrete slabs, in the dirt and up ladders all day. I elk hunter the year even carried my 60ish lb pack with no issues. There are the only shoes I wear. The zero drop took a little bit to get used to but now when I have to wear boots they feel weird. I’ve got 4 pair. 2 wore out pretty good, 1 pair that I wear day to day and 1 new pair because they have been discontinued and unlike them that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used speedcross for years but switched to altras because of sesmoid issues.I have used lonepeaks and olympia but just ordered some superior 5.I let you know.I do think the Solomons are awesome and built WAY better if the drop works for you.

jwatts

WKR
Lots of people swear by the Salomons. I tried several different kinds, but none really fit me right.

I have been using Altra Timps for trail running for a while but they just don't have the longevity I want. I am typically getting less than 200 miles per pair before the mesh starts to separate from the rand around the pinky toe. Lots of people love the other Altra trail shoes though. Keep in mind they are a zero drop shoe, so you will need to adjust to that if you go with Altra. The roomy toe box of the Altra is really nice though.

Another option is La Sportiva. Their shoes are European sizing, and tend to run small. I have a set of their Helios trail shoes and am really enjoying them so far. Their Bushido is a little more cushioned than the Helios and will be offered in a goretex version later in the year.

Edit: Also, I love the speed lace system on the Salomons. I picked up a set of Lock Laces off of Amazon. They have just a little give to them but stay tight while wearing them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007DLVLDY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Johnm856

FNG
“Im going out on a limb here, but these may be the most comfortable pair of hiking/casual shoes ive ever worn.”

I also found this true of my Crispi Crossovers.

JM

OP
R

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
“Im going out on a limb here, but these may be the most comfortable pair of hiking/casual shoes ive ever worn.”

I also found this true of my Crispi Crossovers.

JM
Which ones?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I didn't see anyone mention them, so I will add north face 110 ultra's. I have wider feet and they work great for me. I got a year out of my first pair and am finally starting to develop some holes and ready for a new set.

Jbogg

FNG
I’ve got high arches and have dealt with plantar fasciitis for around ten years. Salomon Ultras allow me to be on my feet all day pain free, and are my everyday work shoes. Their boots fit just as well so they are my go to for hunting the Southern Appalachians. I’m not sure how they would hold up in the rocky terrain many of you guys deal with out West, but after two years of use so far so good.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I bought into the zero drop minimalist footwear thing almost ten years ago now, and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done. I haven’t had pain or discomfort in my feet, legs or back in years. My daily shoe is the Merrell Trail Glove or Vapor Glove. I like them both. I also have a pair of Lems Boulder boots if I need to dress it up a little. Round that off with a pair of sandals from Xero shoes for summer time and that’s got me covered for most things minus snow really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnm856

FNG
Which ones?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
These are the Crispi Crossovers I referenced in my post. Crossover Pro Light GTX.

Also have the Guides (insulated GTX); Lapponia GTX; and Oasi GTX. I recommend them all, especially if you are prone to foot problems / pain with cheaper footwear.

the Guide and Lapponia are great with ankle support in rough terrain and waterproof as well.

John

Attachments

• 1067DAD2-4F56-440B-ABD7-846CF737D30D.jpeg
    1067DAD2-4F56-440B-ABD7-846CF737D30D.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 20

disciple2

FNG
I wear my Hoka Speedgoat 4's for both hiking, trail running and normal use (every now and again). They've held up quite nicely. I also have multiple pairs of the Salomon's, and they are nice as well.