Hill People Gear Decker

Anyone here using the HPG Decker pack frame? In terms of cost, it's right up there with frames from Stone Glacier, Kifaru, and Exo. How does it compare? I'm a little intimidated by the unique shoulder harness setup and the lack of padding on the upper back. But I've been struggling to find a pack that works just right for me and am thinking that a pack with bendable aluminum stays is probably what I need.

Hondo

WKR
I don't have a Decker but regularly carry an Umlindi, Aston House and Tara which all utilize the same shoulder harness. It is the most comfortable shoulder harness I've used. The Prairie belt is amazing as well. Their packs with the bendable stays allow for fine tuning fit and comfort. My primary grief with HPG packs is the lack of a back that provides ventilation for warm days.

I have a decker and I have a few loves and hates with it. My primary problem with the decker is that although it's a 24" "frame" it doesn't quite fit my back as well as a similarly sized Kifaru 24" duplex. Specifically, I cannot get the decker pack to ride quite as high as I'd like to engage the load lifters. I've tried adjusting the shoulder harness quite a bit to get the right settings, but still has been a no go for me. For reference, I have the HPG umlindi, AHBC, Connor v2, tarahumara, and junction. I am a HPG Koolaid drinker. Love the shoulder harness and aesthetics. However, I just cannot get the decker properly adjusted.

The back thing never bothered me. I live in a part of Texas that gets hot and sometimes swampy in the summer. I usually let the pack ride off my back a bit by loosening the load lifters and that provides enough ventilation for me.

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
This is my first year running a decker and so far I really like it. My comparisons in the same price range would be a Kifaru duplex with a Stryker which I sold immediately and an exo k2 2000 which I had for a year and decided I wanted more space. I have the decker with the decker pocket. It’s a very comfy setup. Belt and harness fit me the best. Once I watched the fitting video and asked some questions about bending the stays, it’s awesome.