Hill People Gear modular pack frame

HPG just released a modular pack frame called the Decker. Its basically a Ute suspension without the sewn on bag. Its 24 inches tall and that appears to be the only size. It uses the same shoulder harness and can take either the prairie belt or recon belt.

Just based on the dimensions, I probably won't try it because of my 21" torso but it looks like another great option for a pack frame if its sized appropriately.

I think if I did pick one up, I would order some 24" composite stays from Kifaru as I prefer them to the 1"x 1/8th" 7075 aluminum stays that HPG uses.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/3/ProductID/100

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like yet another choice to add to the confusion of pack buying. I really like what I see in HPG. I just wish this stuff wasn’t so expensive.

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
I have often thought about a bag less Ute frame, but I am pretty fond of their compression system. The compression on this is a little different and doesn’t seem to lend itself to running one of their panel packs as well. The new pocket that is intended to go with this frame looks pretty good though. Just not sure it does anything my Ute does with the bag compressed and my Highlander carrying my day stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk