Hill People Gear

bcimport

WKR
There are two webbing loops beside the metal ring that the factory harness is hooked to. I installed a split ladder lock on each of those loops and then ran 1” webbing up to the extra loops on the harness. Then I cut off the hpg Center webbing and d ring. Ended up feeling more stable to me.

I have the Ute, the Umlindi, a kit bag and the butt pack. I use a V1 pals pocket as a kill kit bag. I have both the recon and prairie belt, Its heavy duty stuff. Very simple and trouble free. I use the Umlindi the most, the Butt pack is getting more use as well and I use the Ute the least. If I need to haul meat the Ute is going with the prairie belt.

The butt pack with a recon belt and a shoulder harness and two water bottle holders has become a great fanny pack set up for day hunts. The Lindi is my do all .

The new V2 lindi looks great!

Read1t48

WKR
I really like one of their bags and wanted to run it on a Kifaru frame (nothing against their frame design). Called HPG, mentioned Kifaru frame compatibility — because I’m an honest guy— and thought they were going to hang up on me. It was like crickets. And very little conversation or help. I even sent a follow-up email hoping that another staff member might read it and provide more help but I didn’t get a response.

My buddies run EXO. Anyone Who is spent meaning time in the woods packing real weight is smart enough to know that not every pack fits everybody. This is why there are multiple companies and designs. If I were to call EXO today and let them know that I wanted to purchase one of their bags to run on a different frame they would remind me that I needed some additional lid straps for compression and ultimately make sure I had everything I need. I know this because I’ve done it. They would wish me good luck for the season. Not crickets.

Based on my experience with HPG, I purchased an EXO and Kifaru bag. I own the runners kit from HPG, a smaller version of their kit bag, and I like it a lot. I know that Evan used to tinker around with the Kifaru frame before they developed their frame.

Voyageur

WKR
I have a kit bag, Tarahumara, Umlindi, and Ute bags from HPG. I also have their Recon and Prairie pack belts as well as their belt for everyday wear with your pants. My Tara holds my safety harness and is used for short summertime day hikes. The Umlindi is my tree stand prep pack and also doubles as my predator calling bag during the winter months. I've used the Ute for summer pack trips as well as a day pack/meat hauler on last year's caribou hunt. My kit bag serves many many purposes...probably the most versatile piece of gear I've ever owned. I really like HPG with my favorite probably being their shoulder harness system.
As someone alluded to earlier in this thread, it would be nice if their packs were interchangeable on a single frame.