Hill People Kit bags & archery?

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with one while archery hunting?
Seems like it'd get in the way but also looks like a great way to keep a G20 close.
Any/all feedback appreciated!

No experience with them but they lay flatter than an agc bino harness and I have never had any issue shooting with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walker6

FNG
They work for me. Probably depends on your dimensions and such. I'm a 29" draw length and my compound is 33" (I think) and an original kit bag with a bunch a of stuff in it works fine. I've got a 66" longbow but I don't think I've tried it out with a kit bag yet. I'll check it later.

I have run a chest rig with a bino and admin pouch on it. Never had an issue. There are pics somewhere here in the forum I think. I am about 6'2" and 240. Chesty but not in a tacky way. 30 inch draw. It clears fine.

Savage99

WKR
I run the snubby, and while I haven't archery hunted with it yet, I tested it at home and it cleared fine.

A word about handgun fit, my Glock 19 just fits in the main compartment. And the snubby doesn't have a lot of room left over for other gear. I got it when i was just hiking around with a kid carrier backpack. Since I've taken up back country hunting, I think I'd like the original kit bag with the webbing on the front.

I did quite a bit of poking around on the HPG forums for fitment ideas. Good resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I have one of these, but haven't run it because I still need a place for my binos and rangefinder. Still haven't found an easy way to make that happen so am still running my AGC and pistol carry has been on waist belt.

LostArra

WKR
No string interference with kit bag and bow. Compound or longbow.

I've never packed handgun and binocular together while bow hunting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
AKMAN

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. All the above is great news.
Starting to be time (also just snowed about 10" at sea level....) to get up high and look for black bears up here and was hoping to drag a bow around for some alpine spot and stalk. Trying to be weight conscious so a G29 may be in the cards. I figure it'd fit in the recon kit bag too.
I'm not much for wearing binos on my chest all day so no great loss.
Above treeline in Alaska it seems you glass, walk for an hour; glass, walk for an hour; and so on...