Hilleberg Anaris

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anyone else seen the YouTube video on it? Says for 2020 but Hille is stepping into the trekking pole supported game. 3lb 1oz two person with some cool options for setup. Yellow label line.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TravisIN

WKR
Anyone else seen the YouTube video on it? Says for 2020 but Hille is stepping into the trekking pole supported game. 3lb 1oz two person with some cool options for setup. Yellow label line.

Double walled, floored, double entrance, double vestibule, meshed, trekking pole tent that looks big as hell. Definitely intriguing and anxious to see how it goes. My only thing is, the weight. Too me the purpose of trekking pole style shelters is the weight savings? For less than a pound more you could go full on tent with an anjan 2? Guessing maybe the pitch is that it’s considerably bigger than their other 2 person tents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Double walled, floored, double entrance, double vestibule, meshed, trekking pole tent that looks big as hell. Definitely intriguing and anxious to see how it goes. My only thing is, the weight. Too me the purpose of trekking pole style shelters is the weight savings? For less than a pound you could go full on tent with an anjan 2? Guessing maybe the pitch is that it’s considerably bigger than their other 2 person tents?

You leave that inner at home on this one and you'll have a big single wall, just like if you left the Anjan inner at home. I don't do those sloped hille tents like the Anjan and Nallo. My feet hit the rear wall. This looks like a bigger option with different pitches than the Anjan.

TravisIN

WKR
You leave that inner at home on this one and you'll have a big single wall, just like if you left the Anjan inner at home. I don't do those sloped hille tents like the Anjan and Nallo. My feet hit the rear wall. This looks like a bigger option with different pitches than the Anjan.

It does look big

I was intrigued until I started comparing the TT SS2(which I own).

I also have an Anjan 2 GT for reference.

I don't think the increased 'burliness'(if you could call it that) is worth the cost and weight over the SS2. If I'm going trekking pole supported I'm looking to go fast and light and it ain't snow season during those times(or at least heavy snow season). Just my two cents.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
I was intrigued until I started comparing the TT SS2(which I own).

I also have an Anjan 2 GT for reference.

I don't think the increased 'burliness'(if you could call it that) is worth the cost and weight over the SS2. If I'm going trekking pole supported I'm looking to go fast and light and it ain't snow season during those times(or at least heavy snow season). Just my two cents.
According to Tarptent the SS2 is 44oz,or 1.3kg. Without the stuff sack the Anaris is 46oz, still at the 1.3kg level. 1.4kg or 49oz for stuff sacks and other packaging. All in all the SS2 is 3in wider, length is the same between them. Not as much of a weight penalty as you made it out to be. The Kerlon material from Hille is tough, tougher than the sil that Tarptent uses which is still good material. TT is gonna beat it on price though, by a lot. What does just the fly only weigh on your SS2? Anaris is 1lb7oz

According to Tarptent the SS2 is 44oz,or 1.3kg. Without the stuff sack the Anaris is 46oz, still at the 1.3kg level. 1.4kg or 49oz for stuff sacks and other packaging. All in all the SS2 is 3in wider, length is the same between them. Not as much of a weight penalty as you made it out to be. The Kerlon material from Hille is tough, tougher than the sil that Tarptent uses which is still good material. TT is gonna beat it on price though, by a lot. What does just the fly only weigh on your SS2? Anaris is 1lb7oz

Ive honestly never weighed it without the inner. It’s also worth noting you gain 9 sq ft over the Anaris when you spread out the bottom.

I think the point I was trying to make is that yeah, it’s a hille so it’s gonna be very well constructed, but it’s unnecessarily heavy(and expensive) for what you get.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Expensive is a trademark of Hille unfortunately. All I really look at are their 4 season tents like the Soulo I used to have and should have kept

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
That tent is a copy of the ZPacks Duplex. The Duplex is a well respected tent and pretty popular with the thru-hiker crowd. If you are looking into the Anaris, I'd do a search for ZPacks Duplex reviews to get a good sense of the tent/reviews/real world feedback.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Expensive is a trademark of Hille unfortunately. All I really look at are their 4 season tents like the Soulo I used to have and should have kept

Yup, I have an Allak 2 that I can't bring myself to get rid of.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
That tent is a copy of the ZPacks Duplex. The Duplex is a well respected tent and pretty popular with the thru-hiker crowd. If you are looking into the Anaris, I'd do a search for ZPacks Duplex reviews to get a good sense of the tent/reviews/real world feedback.
Not hardly. The Duplex is a single wall DCF tent with a sewn in floor. This is more like the Stratospire 2 from Tarptent than it is a Duplex. The SS2 and Anaris can be pitched inner only, fly only, or together. The Duplex is pitched one way.

jokl

FNG
Not really, it's a lightweight copy of the first tents Bo Hilleberg designed for the "Nordisk" brand in the early 1970s, the "Keb 2" and "Trip 2".