Hilleberg Nallo vs Anjan

Looking at getting a Hille very soon and both the Nallo and Anjan are looking like what I want. Anjan is lighter and less expensive, but is it giving up to much durability? Will be used for everything and everywhere except truck camping, I have a wall tent for those hunts. I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding a Hilleberg.

EastMT

WKR
I’ve had a couple of both. I decided the Anjan was enough for me. The Nallo GT was just so large it took up too much space in the pack. I now have the anjan 3, really happy with it. I have not had it in Kodiak style winds yet, but 30-40 mph, still in mint condition.

If you haven’t yet, order the Hille catalog, they have samples of the materials used, try to rip each one by hand and see what you think

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anjan and Nallo share many similar design elements, but have a few notable differences. Lighter fabric in Anjan vs Nallo. Fly doesn't extend all the way to the ground on the Anjan so it breathes better in warmer weather. That means it will also be a cooler shelter in cold, windy weather. Will the Anjan handle snow? Sure, but not as well as the Nallo. Are you looking at regular versions of these two shelters or the GT versions? I'd pick the one that will handle the weather you expect to use it in most often.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
W
It'll be used in bluebird weather quite a bit, but we all know that there is always a chance of nasty weather at high elevation. I've got other tents to handle predictable bad weather, just don't want to have the wrong tent when unpredictable storms slam me.

prm

WKR
I have a Tipi with a stove for regular hunts out west, especially cold ones. Looking into a Hilleberg Allak 2 for eastern camping and warmer western hunts (no stove) or times when burn bans prevent stove use anyway. Two of my more recent trips have had serious winds which is another reason for a Hilleberg. The lighter weight of the anjan or Nallo is also appealing.

Last edited:

bbrown

WKR
Keep in mind the Anjan has a window/vent plus the screen on the door that don’t have the zippered flap so they can’t be closed. Will definitely deal with condensation better but will be drafty in colder/windy conditions. Either way I would highly recommend the GT version.

Looking at getting a Hille very soon and both the Nallo and Anjan are looking like what I want. Anjan is lighter and less expensive, but is it giving up to much durability? Will be used for everything and everywhere except truck camping, I have a wall tent for those hunts. I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding a Hilleberg.
How many people are you looking to share it with?

I have had an Anjan and was not a big fan of the front entry tents. Depending on how much room you need there’s other hilleberg options that might be better.

I wrestled with the same question a couple years ago and went with the Anjan. I think the practical need for the Nallo is snow. If its going to be snowy, the Nallo is probably worth it.

We had 2 anjans on an 11 day goat hunt last year. They performed great. Winds reached 40+ knots and we had no failures.

It's for me, myself and I. I bought an Anjan 2 and I've spent a few nights in it and it's been great.
Well there you go - glad you like it! I went from the Anjan to the Rogen and like the side entry a lot more. But thats why they make different models and features.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Are you still liking your Anjan 2? How do you think it would be for early August?

OP
W
Are you still liking your Anjan 2? How do you think it would be for early August?
I liked everything about it except the entry/exit. After more use I decided that the tunnel design isn't for me. It would be good for august as long as you don't pitch it in prolonged direct sunlight without accounting for proper ventilation.

SoDak19

FNG
Thanks for all the feedback on this. Perfect thread to help make my decision. Thanks again!