Hilleberg Yellow Label

Has anyone taken a hilleberg yellow label to Alaska and lived to tell the tale? I read a lot about the red label and black label going there and being fine, but I was looking for something a little lighter in weight so turned to the yellow label as they are lighter. People often say a yellow label hilleberg is as strong as company xyz’s 4 season tent. Is this really true? I am looking at this shelter for a hopefully goat hunt next year and eventual Kodiak and Afognak hunts? Thoughts? Should I just pony up and carry the extra weight of the red or black label or will the yellow handle the wind and rain?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’d imagine you’ll be fine, If snow loading was a serious possibility I’d go with a black or red label
Otherwise I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve got a red label and sort of wish I’d gotten a lighter tent since I don’t really winter camp.

OP
passinggas33
Do the yellow labels have the same wind tolerating characteristics as the black and red labels? Wind and rain are a much higher concern for me on my hunts than the snow load.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’d imagine you’ll be fine, If snow loading was a serious possibility I’d go with a black or red label
Otherwise I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve got a red label and sort of wish I’d gotten a lighter tent since I don’t really winter camp.
Have you seen the new tents from Hilleberg? Solves your early season condensation issues. Yellow label tunnel tents with mesh interiors and fly that doesn't go all the way to the ground. Two entrances with doors that roll all the way back. Helags 2 and Helags 3. Full useable length on floor and walls with the vertical end and side walls. Touch over 5lbs for the 2 with everything in the bag. Could get it under 5 pretty easy looks like. They'll be expensive I'm sure lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Have you seen the new tents from Hilleberg? Solves your early season condensation issues. Yellow label tunnel tents with mesh interiors and fly that doesn't go all the way to the ground. Two entrances with doors that roll all the way back. Helags 2 and Helags 3. Full useable length on floor and walls with the vertical end and side walls. Touch over 5lbs for the 2 with everything in the bag. Could get it under 5 pretty easy looks like. They'll be expensive I'm sure lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have not seen the new ones, I havnt been looking much.

Voyageur

WKR
Has anyone taken a hilleberg yellow label to Alaska and lived to tell the tale? I read a lot about the red label and black label going there and being fine, but I was looking for something a little lighter in weight so turned to the yellow label as they are lighter. People often say a yellow label hilleberg is as strong as company xyz’s 4 season tent. Is this really true? I am looking at this shelter for a hopefully goat hunt next year and eventual Kodiak and Afognak hunts? Thoughts? Should I just pony up and carry the extra weight of the red or black label or will the yellow handle the wind and rain?
Two things I would do to get answers your question:
1) I would contact Hilleberg directly and get their answer to your question.
2) I would contact Kevin Dana at Barney's Sports Chalet in Anchorage and get his opinion.
Also, it would be nice if you would report back with the answers you receive. Thanks.

CO-AJ

WKR
I was convinced I wanted a Hille Nallo. First I think they make a phenomenal product, they ship a catalog with tent fabric samples inside which to me screams compare us to anyone. My rational for the Hille was no matter what mother nature had in mind my gear and I would be dry inside. Also, I could use it in any season pretty much anywhere. My biggest reservation was the weight and single entrance. I ended up going with a seek outside cimarron, so pretty much the opposite direction, as I can run a stove and it is crazy light. I doubt I will ever do much hunting/backpacking outside of the west (CO, WY, MT, ID, etc...) so the tipi design with a stove for winter will be great. Love the Hille products though.