Hilleberg

Mulemania

FNG
Ok looking for my first 4 season, I’m willing to eat a bit of weight for the comfort of knowing I’m gonna stay dry, the 2p tents seem too small for 2 people to me, me and my hunting partner have shoulders 25”+ so the math doesn’t really add up, so here’s my question nallo 3? Or, nallo 3gt the gear shed looks nice, or just go with a nallo4 weight is the same and most of the gear could be put right in the tent... I’m nervous about adding a 6+ pound tent to the backpack but I think it’s the one thing a guy shouldn’t skimp out on and in the early months I can always pull the inner tent and use the shelter or if the bugs are bad and the weather isn’t just use the inner tent

I’m in bc it rains all the time if you don’t like the weather it will change in a week lol

deadwolf

WKR
Tents are like garages, 2 cars= 3 car garage. I looked st both the Nallo3 and Nammatj 3 and ended up with the nammatj. Very happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mulemania

FNG
Tents are like garages, 2 cars= 3 car garage. I looked st both the Nallo3 and Nammatj 3 and ended up with the nammatj. Very happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you actually pack that beast?

Jimss

WKR
I have a Nallo 3 GT and really like it! It's really nice having the extra room in the oversized vestibule for gear, cooking, drying clothes, etc. To me it's definitely worth a little more weight for a 4 season bomberproof tent. I've used mine in Colo, Wyo, and Alaska. Its been through some super rough blizzard-like conditions and held up well. The nice thing about it is you can use the fly with poles for a super light setup during the early season. I usually bring along painters plastic for a floor. The fly used by itself has even held up well during an early Sept blizzard on a Wyo elk hunt!

I really like the design of the Nallo. It has super steep wall so the entire interior of the tent is usable space...unlike a lot of other tents with sloping side walls. The Nallo really doesn't weigh that much.....especially if you split the tent up with your partner. It also doesn't take up that much room in a pack.

The only thing I don't like about the Nallo is it only has a vent on one side. When the fly is set up almost on the ground in bad weather there isn't a whole lot of ventilation. It's possibly to unzip the fly a little to allow more air flow. A couple of the other Hillebergs have vents on both ends. It's pretty tough to beat Hillebergs!