Hip belts on day packs

Will_m

WKR
Who here uses a day pack with a hip belt? I’ve been using a badlands pack without a hip belt and have considered changing because hip belts seem to be more comfortable distributing a load but it also seems like it would get much hotter. Thoughts?

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I sometimes run a MR 3 Day Assault, but never without a belt. it does not have a stiff frame so without a belt it would be miserable.

More recently my day pack has been one of the packs I build for kids, and with the stiff frame it would be pointless without a belt.

Heat due to the pack being directly on the back seems like a bigger issue than heat at the belt.

tdot

WKR
I don't have a single day pack that I dont have some type of hip belt on. The benefits of the hipbelt far outweigh any negatives.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
I have so I can keep some goodies in a pair of pouches, not a huge fan of things in my pockets.
Especially garden shears, I'm in thick brush and it also helps me backtrack.
If you're concern is heat and you're very active, attach a 1" webbing as a waist belt, that shouldn't add too much heat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CO-AJ

WKR
I have an Eberlestock I run as a daypack and I put the hipbelt on it. Can carry accessories and of course pistol and extra mag or two. Throw a small belt pouch on it for chapstick, sunscreen, and a bandana. I have never noticed the heat.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wouldn't even think of wearing a pack that doesn't have a "waist" belt. That's where most of the weight is carried. And when you're carrying around a pack for 14+ hours a day you certainly don't want all the weight on your shoulders. My day pack weighs in at 15-20 pounds depending on how much water I'm carrying.

sasquatch

WKR
Mine has one but I never buckle the hip belt unless I’m hauling a load out

While regular hunting I just use the shoulder straps. I never could get use to having it buckled around my waist if I have a light day hunt load in it. Seems too hot for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro