Hip impingement surgery

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone here have any experience with hip impingement surgery? Curious about what to expect for recovery and how quickly I can get back into the woods.

Wife had 5mm shaved off along with a torn/separating labrom. Recovery sucks. But as lomg as you follow doctors orders and actually do the physical therapy after. You'll be fine. She was up walking around with 1 crutch i think 2 weeks after. Its a fairly fast recover.

Had partial laberal repair, and hip impengment surgery 4/2018, still isn’t rite. Did all pt and followed dr’s orders just never got much better. Surgery itself was not bad and never had much pain

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
I suffer from a hip impingement myself.. Last summer I suffered all the time.. Pain all the time, thought I had a hernia... Finally saw a surgeon and he told me I had the impingement.. Pain in my knee, pain in my foot, pain in my testes... I couldn't believe it.. He said many people have had a testicle removed by accident because the Dr. never thought it was an impingement.. I did a few months of PT and felt great.. Unfortunately the pain has come back and I am miserable.. The surgeon said to deal with it as long as I can before surgery.. From his mouth he said I'd be down a long time if I do get the surgery, and that recovery was long and tough..

JRMiller

WKR
I’ve debated it. I get severe ( as in unable to stand or move in the ER kind of bad) bursitis from it once a year or so but the steroids they give me always bring it back to a managable point that i decide not to. Till the next flare up :(

lawndart

FNG
I now see this is an old post and I don't know about the impingement surgery but i had full hip replacement at 51 years old in 12/19 and was cruising around on it within 3 months. Just followed the physical therapist's advice and lifted lots of weights. It was amazing to not have to deal with constant pain