Hip Quiver for Hunting

I use a tightspot. I carry it on my bow. When I think I might get a shot opportunity or I’m on a stalk I take it off and mount it on my belt

noroads

FNG
I use a tightspot. I carry it on my bow. When I think I might get a shot opportunity or I’m on a stalk I take it off and mount it on my belt
Wanted to bring this back up, and ask how/what are you using to mount it to your belt? I’ve seen the Kwikee sidewinder but not sure if that is a good setup. I saw Trail from GoHunt using something but not sure how he’s mounting his quiver to his belt. Thanks

Randle

WKR
I had one these made for my alpine quiver. I clip it to my bow when crawling thru the tangles chasing elk and on the hip when on trails and the more open areas.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220424-130803_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220424-130803_Chrome.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 39
Wanted to bring this back up, and ask how/what are you using to mount it to your belt? I’ve seen the Kwikee sidewinder but not sure if that is a good setup. I saw Trail from GoHunt using something but not sure how he’s mounting his quiver to his belt. Thanks
I used the total peep hip quiver mount all last year. I put it on a nylon belt under my backpack belt. Worked great.

Elkhntr08

WKR
After watching a video where Randy Ulmer talked about putting his quiver on his belt before a stock, I decided to drag mine back out.
Randy Ulmer and Chuck Adams, two pretty good hunters to take advice from.
Found my old Trautman, cleaned it up and put new foam in.
Practice is much nicer now. Less weight on the bow, less crap to catch wind.
Win, win.

Stalker69

WKR
I used a hip quiver for several javilana hunts in south Texas. I made some long bows, and don't like a quiver mounted to them, plus wanted more arrows then they carry. And it was a pain in the ass sitting down, going through brush. Crawling ( stalking) . I personally found a cat quiver much better.

I used a hip quiver for several javilana hunts in south Texas. I made some long bows, and don't like a quiver mounted to them, plus wanted more arrows then they carry. And it was a pain in the ass sitting down, going through brush. Crawling ( stalking) . I personally found a cat quiver much better.
If you like a hip quiver, you might try the total peep mount. You can turn it like the hand of clock so the vanes (or feathers) are at the 9/3 position. Makes it a little easier crawling or going through brush too.

But for a guy building his own longbows, it’s not exactly “trad”, lol.

Tim G

FNG
I have a Chuck Adams quiver I don't use anymore. If anyone has an interest let me know. I like the fact that it holds 8 arrows, especially if there are grouse in the area or coyotes. The quality of the quiver is outstanding, they just don't make them anymore and they are tough to find. Putting a quiver on an off the bow is a pain in the butt at times, but carryingarrows in general can be a challenge if you don't like them on your bow. Here's a picture of the quiver, such a classic design. IMG_8801.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a Chuck Adams quiver I don't use anymore. If anyone has an interest let me know. I like the fact that it holds 8 arrows, especially if there are grouse in the area or coyotes. The quality of the quiver is outstanding, they just don't make them anymore and they are tough to find. Putting a quiver on an off the bow is a pain in the butt at times, but carryingarrows in general can be a challenge if you don't like them on your bow. Here's a picture of the quiver, such a classic design. View attachment 488335
Yup, same one I have - Chuck Adams. Mine is gathering dust also. Liked it a lot, but not enough to keep using it - too fiddly and a pain to sit down with it on.

BigSky

WKR
Those pictures of and references to the Adams Arrow Holster (I think that's what he called it) sure bring back memories. I used one for a decade or more and don't even recall why I switched back to a bow mounted quiver.

dtrkyman

WKR
I use the total peep rig, spendy for plastic but works perfectly. If I am worried about bush whackin I keep the quiver on the bow as well as when covering ground, takes a second to move it to the hip bracket.

Nice thing is it pivots and the tension is adjustable.