HIT insert feedback

I use Easton Axis. I have no problem with the HIT in and of itself. But, I seem to have a heck of a time tuning broadheads with these arrows. I wonder how consistently the glue gets distributed and if that causes the insert to be off center or slightly crooked. If I have 6 broadheads and 6 arrows, I can usually only find 4 arrow/broadhead combinations that work. The other two have a different POI, no matter what I do.

This is my experience as well. I bought an arrow squaring tool to see if it helps.

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm. Well, I know a moose isn't built out of 2x4s, but having taken them apart, the bones are pretty damn big. (I have a moose humerus on my porch rn for the dog...)
I have a dozen hexx 340s, but heard they were a hair fragile. Even though they're not supposed to be the straitest, I'm seriously thinking about building a .300 aftermath and seeing how heavy I can go in front of the 75 grain brass. 10.2 for a .300 spine seems pretty nice, and I can cut the straightest 27.5 out of the middle and square the ends for a bit of help in the accuracy dept....

lintond

WKR
This is my experience as well. I bought an arrow squaring tool to see if it helps.

I'd also suggest a spinning tool so you can check to see how it spins. Then a little pressure here/there to get it spinning better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
I've had some splintering, shooting Axis 340s, probably hit something hard but it started losing some fibers shooting through a bag target, my field points were close in size to the shaft. I started footing the shaft, figured I can save a few that way and wouldn't hurt to strengthen the front. Not sure about the inconsistencies as my shooting isn't the greatest, i've shot them out to 80 as that's about as far as I can keep it together, I also use a squaring tool and spin them with broad heads.