Hobart grinder vs...

Any experience with old 1/4- 1 hp #22 or #32 Hobart grinders vs a modern Weston, cabelas, or LEM? I like the idea of something I can pass down, but higher hp modern grinders might actually do better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xcutter

WKR
My dad has had a Hobart for probably 30+ years. Still works great but the internal receiver for the auger is about wore out. I recently purchased a 3/4HP Cabela's. Pretty awesome grinder. A lot easier to clean and the ice packs that strap on the outside are nice. Haven't seen the new Hobart's but I'm sure there quality is still great. You can catch the Cabela's grinders on sale on occasion for 25% off. That's when I bought mine. Lifetime warranty as well.

Trial153

WKR
I had a freestanding hopper Hobart for years in my cutting room at my old house. I think the hopper could hold about 25-30 pounds. It was a beast I picked it up for cash from a restaurant that was closing up. It was probably 10 years old a least and I had it for another 10 or so. I sold it for what I paid for when I bought my New house as I'd didnt want something that big anymore.
I replaced it with a table top cabelas, 1hp with 22 neck. It's about 10 years old and has done everything I asked it, deer, bear, elk, ,moose, caribou....no issues at all.

Unless you have the space and want it ...the commercial jobs are over kill.

rayporter

WKR
get a 3/4 hp at least.
I have had 2 half hp go up in smoke.

I keep a 3/4 here and one in ohio, one was a gander, probably made by lem and the other is likely a Weston branded by cabelas. both super.

I got the LEM 3/4 hp. They offset the feed tube a few years back and I will tell you it makes a a heck of a difference. It literally pulls the meat out of your hands. Well built work horse!!

OP
M
Screw it, bought a cabelas carnivore 32. I’m sure I’ll never second guess it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk