WTS Hobo Aaron is a fraud!

Clintopher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something smelled off about this guy but I was definitely lured by the price. I got lucky and everything got shut down before I laid out cash. I was stalling a bit to see how other transactions went before I put out money. Sorry to the guys who got got. Hope everything works out for you and I hope this dbag finds himself on the wrong end of a gavel.

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dude was trying to get me to come down to Austin and pick up a pack in person, luckily the timing didn't work or things might have got ugly. Not sure if that would have been an ambush or what. He even asked if I would front the money and come get it later, no not going to happen. I bought into his cancer bs since I had been through it myself but should have asked more questions about it. Anyway, sorry some of you got taken, I was close to being taken myself.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 8.57.10 PM.png

Tick

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That sucks. Hopefully you guys can recover your funds and cause some life problems for this pos. I don't even consider a seller that can't cover a paypal fee.

Savage99

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other thing that was odd he was a member since 2020?

I saw that and figured he was playing long con or, more likely, was going to try this then and ran up against the age of account rule or something. I’d be willing to bet he’s spread over quite a few forums scamming and just circling back to the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blandry

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It’s a good idea to check people’s profile and see if they’ve been active on this forum or know anything about things this forum caters to. I personally wouldn’t buy from anyone who’s never posted here. That’s just me…

Hogkane

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
That POS got me for the 22mag, frame and a bunch of accessories $565. There were some red flags but he convinced me by sending a bunch of pics that I asked for, along with his phone number. Of course paid with Venmo. Should have known better....

Clintopher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were some flags but it was a well crafted con. I was talking with a few folks through PM about him. I’m guessing he suspected that was taking place since he shipped packages…had to have given him a few more days to collect funds before the jig was up.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This guy is obviously an experienced criminal. I’m sorry for you guys that lost money here.

Some things I do to avoid scams:

1). Any deal too good to be true is.
2). Go with your gut when it tells you something is off.
3). Don’t buy from new members or anyone who makes 10 BS greeting posts to get on the exchange.
4). Use PPFF [Edited to say always use PayPal Goods and Services] and cover the 3% fee. If the seller won’t accept this means of payment, it’s a scam.

I’m not a lawyer but….with the number of guys who got scammed across state lines and the fact this guy used the Post Office, this may be Federal. I wonder if the FBI may take a sniff?

Also, you know this guy is checking on this thread. Hopefully he’s sweating and you guys can get him locked back up where he belongs.

Last edited:

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That’s actually scary. Why would a scammer want to meet in person? In TX where everyone carries...A hunting forum. Ballsy.
Agreed, pretty bold. It's hard to say for sure but he probably would have tried some tactic other than strongarm...sympathy plea, bait & switch, who knows. But as you noted, we all carry so it would be foolish to con someone into a scenario that could "go loud".

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
A guy at my work posted someones number in the dirty part of craigslist classifieds. The guy was getting d*** pics for months! 🤣
did that in high school, it was funny until I had to go to the kids house and wxplain to a cop and his mom why he got a weiner photo from a old dude and had to try to take it down lol. no legal trouble though

TFrank

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Good idea. What a lowlife. Played up he was sick and needed the funds. Hopefully Karma gets his ass. PS, if you call his number he may have a full voice mailbox already as I’ve left about five already…

My guess is he was sick. Dope sick from opioid withdrawal. Looks the type.

NDGuy

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
@Ryan Avery @robby denning

One thing we could implement is requiring for FS/FT posts is a picture with the person's screenname and date with the item. That should help minimize risk of scammers reposting pics from other posts on forums that they do not have.

Last edited: