WTS Hobo Aaron is a fraud!

mmac

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think people said they did get this. That is what the big rub is, he has the stuff clearly.

505Wapiti

WKR
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Probably shipped water so the weight of package would be similar to weight of item he was “selling”. Then if law enforcement gets involved it’s a he said she said scenario. What a dirtbag, hopefully he gets rolled up and pounded.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some things I do to avoid scams:

1). Any deal too good to be true is.
2). Go with your gut when it tells you something is off.
3). Don’t buy from new members or anyone who makes 10 BS greeting posts to get on the exchange.
4). Use PPFF and cover the 3% fee. If the seller won’t accept this means of payment, it’s a scam.
Why PPFF? I'd say use PP G&S and add that 3% if necessary or split.

I hope you'll get your money back!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ryan Avery @robby denning

One thing we could implement is requiring for FS/FT posts is a picture with the person's screenname and date with the item. That should help minimize risk of scammers reposting pics from other posts on forums that they do not have.
might work but if buyers aren't aware, they're still gonna get taken. Sorry guys. I hate it too.

I can't count the times people have said on here it's worth paying the small % and not use F&F.

Anyway, someone earlier said they'd let a mod know. Yip, and @Jskaanland checked into it. He passed our sniff test on the things we check.

John Skannland mod sent this over if still needed:

Step 1: Open a dispute within 180 days of the date you made the purchase using our support channels (by calling an agent at (855) 812-4430, email [email protected], or chat in the app). Please include information on the disputed transaction and the reason for your claim, including the date and amount of the transaction, the seller’s name, and an explanation of your issue.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Why PPFF? I'd say use PP G&S and add that 3% if necessary or split.

I hope you'll get your money back!
That's what I meant to say....sorry about that. Yes, use goods and services always so that you have buyer protection.

I edited my original post to correct that mental slip.

WRM

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m not a lawyer but….with the number of guys who got scammed across state lines and the fact this guy used the Post Office, this may be Federal. I wonder if the FBI may take a sniff?

Federal BI (and state financial fraud via state attorney) barely give a rip about fraud of "only" $100,000.00. I have a client fighting that battle right now.

But, a local police report still is a good thing.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Federal BI (and state financial fraud via state attorney) barely give a rip about fraud of "only" $100,000.00. I have a client fighting that battle right now.

But, a local police report still is a good thing.
Not to get political but Good Laaaawd, the FBI is about worthless.

WRM

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unfortunately, you'll find that a lot of law enforcement is. I'm meeting a new client today who was scammed on a real estate deal. Despite overwhelming evidence to prove this, the other party (seller) claims she actually was the one scammed and that my client created a false deed. My client has a record, and the police seem determined to charge her, even though they confirmed with the notary that the seller in fact signed the deed in front of the notary and presented a driver license to prove who she was. Then there's all the cancelled checks by my client for payments made to the seller, $50k in improvements to the property, and her payment of property taxes for years.

As a couple of older friends who had a combined 30+ years experience in law enforcement told me recently, none of the departments are worth a damn anymore. Protect yourself.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Unfortunately, you'll find that a lot of law enforcement is. I'm meeting a new client today who was scammed on a real estate deal. Despite overwhelming evidence to prove this, the other party (seller) claims she actually was the one scammed and that my client created a false deed. My client has a record, and the police seem determined to charge her, even though they confirmed with the notary that the seller in fact signed the deed in front of the notary and presented a driver license to prove who she was. Then there's all the cancelled checks by my client for payments made to the seller, $50k in improvements to the property, and her payment of property taxes for years.

As a couple of older friends who had a combined 30+ years experience in law enforcement told me recently, none of the departments are worth a damn anymore. Protect yourself.
Perhaps the police are actually helping your client while continuing to build charges against the seller and at the same time assisting your client in being able to exhibit more damages.

jt4

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Venmo refunded me today. I used whatever buyers protection service they have though.

shmelton

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another forum I’m on a guy got scammed on a truck. He did the same as y’all, posted up all the info, called the cops, and nothing happened. One of the members on the forum being a good Cajun, and helping a fellow me ever out decided to post an ad on CL in NYC saying he had 300 lbs of fresh Gulf Shrimp he had to get rid of before going bad. The kicker was they said the only time the scammer could be contacted between 12am-7am due to work schedule. Apparently it only took 2 weeks for the phone # to be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another forum I’m on a guy got scammed on a truck. He did the same as y’all, posted up all the info, called the cops, and nothing happened. One of the members on the forum being a good Cajun, and helping a fellow me ever out decided to post an ad on CL in NYC saying he had 300 lbs of fresh Gulf Shrimp he had to get rid of before going bad. The kicker was they said the only time the scammer could be contacted between 12am-7am due to work schedule. Apparently it only took 2 weeks for the phone # to be changed.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

I posted a “free kittens” ad on Craigslist with my buddy’s phone number. I never told him I did it. He was getting so many calls it was unbelievable. He started telling people they became a hassle to get rid of so he drowned them.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lannyw