Hodgman Gamewade

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried these hodgman gamewade chest waders? I'm looking for something cheap,light, and packable in the event I need to cross some water. They are dirt cheap ($15), so I'm skeptical, but they would get used so rarely that maybe they'd be ok...

Thanks,
Chris

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
There is a lighter brand out there, but they run 60 bucks. I can't remember what name is though. I will ck tonite.

GotDraw?

WKR
*CHEAPER SOLUTIONS**

At one time I thought might be hunting where a deep stream crossing was possible. Did not want a set of waders or pants that would take up space and weigh too much.

I similarly wanted something small (low packed size), *CHEAP* (like $20) and light. For a solution, I looked into buying a disposable Tyvek suit with full pajama-style feet (typically used when spray painting or working with chemicals). My plan was to cut the bottom half of the suit away from the upper half, then sew on a couple jerry-rigged belt loops. This type of Tyvek is already coated with polyethylene and should be waterproof. Fiqured I could seam seal any stiched seams by painting the seams with a diluted silicone sealer mix (i.e., get a tube of clear silicone caulk, put some in a bucket, add enough paint thinner to get it really thin, mix it well, then brush on the seams of the pants with a paint brush.) Let dry for weeks, then dust sealed areas heavily with unscented talc so they won't stick to themselves. Figured I'd wear a set of those thin beach shoes with it and that the rig would work well enough for a couple of easy/fast stream crossings.

Never needed to do it, but figured I'd share my idea. Here's a link to a suit I considered off Ebay: Access Denied

Let me know if you do it!

Cheers,
JL

I just recently bought a pair of these not too long ago we'll be making a backpacking trip with them in a month will try and remember to post back on here if you're interested with the opinion and review of them.