Hoffman Armor Boot

MThuntr

WKR
Anyone worn the Hoffman Armor Boot?

It's time to wear a pair of boots into rotation and like the idea of the cut protection they offer. Particularly potential of keeping cactus and sharp rocks from destroying boots and maintaining waterproofing

Concerned a little bit about their ability to breathe

Stikine

FNG
I have pair of the calked version...it's a nice boot. The stark coating makes the leather pretty tough and abrasion resistant. I'm sure it reduces the breathability somewhat but that's not an issue for me.

OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
Thanks, I might give these a go if I can find a hole in my budget

OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
Did you end up getting the Amor Boot and how was it?
Funny you should ask. I didn't order but should have. Placing an order right now when I should be hunting and wish I would have gotten them in rotation sooner.

FWIW the Zamberlan 960 Guides that I'm currently wearing are a great boot and I am also ordering another pair of them too. The Zamberlans have lasted thousands of miles including a bunch of backcountry work in the Bob Marshall where we average 120 miles per week.

2 weeks ago we got snow and my boots leaked through in only a few minutes so I think all the side hilling ruined the Goretex liner so now I'm back to experimenting a little. Last night went for a hunt and I peeled part of the sole off where it was wearing thin. I had hoped they'd last the season but sadly not even close

Last edited:

Rokwiia

WKR
It would be great if you could report back on your initial impressions of the Hoffman Armor boot when it arrives.

It's got to improve the durability and waterproofness in that area of the boot. Not sure if it makes that entire area hard as a rock and like wearing a cement block.

OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
It would be great if you could report back on your initial impressions of the Hoffman Armor boot when it arrives.

It's got to improve the durability and waterproofness in that area of the boot. Not sure if it makes that entire area hard as a rock and like wearing a cement block.
UPS had a shipping FUBAR that delayed delivery until this morning. I'm working from home so I already have them on. I have a wide forefoot so I opted for the 12W. So far the fit is great. They have a nice wide toebox and the seem to run a touch large...I could have probably gotten away with an 11.5 though a slightly bigger boot may help with swelling. The ArmorTek is quite flexible and I'm excited to see how it performs. I haven't had an 8" boot in a long time and I do see that I'll have issues with these in the warm so I'll have my Zamberlans resoled this winter and depending on how these perform I may order a pair of the Hoffman Lites for summer trekking.