Hoffman Boot Review/Giveaway - Tell us what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

Hey Roksliders, we’re happy to be part of this forum and want to get to know you and your footwear needs better. We’d like to kick off this relationship with a complimentary pair of our NEW 10” Hunter Boots (see them here) for one of you. Just tell us a few features you would like to see in our next hunting boots, by answering these question in a short paragraph, and you will be entered in our drawing on October 25th for a pair of boots. Also stay tuned by hitting the “watch” button (upper right of this post in full-site post), as we will be doing this again in the future.

1) Boot Height: 6”, 8” or 10”

2) Insulated (how much) or Non-Insulated

3) Waterproof or Non-waterproof

4) Any added features that would make a good boot even better

Just answer those four questions and you're in for the drawing.

If you win, we'd love to hear about your experiences with the NEW Hunter 10" Boot. Just post up on this thread or link us to a new thread if you start one. Thank you!

10-hoffman-hunter.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

NDGuy

WKR
Welcome to Rokslide.

For me it is comfortability out of the box, rigged ankle support, strong laces, and an aggressive track.

1. 10"
2. Non-insulated or 400gr
3.Waterproof
4. Strong laces, aggressive traction, type of treatment/conditioner to use for longevity.

Last edited:

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer a taller boot. So anywhere between 8 & 10 inches is fine. The overall construction, comfort etc. is more important to me than a "particular height".

For most of my hunting, and for this style of boot I prefer 200-400 grams of insulation. Maybe a choice would be good?

Waterproof is a must for me. Wet feet suck.

As to additional features, as long as the boot is well constructed, offers the right support for its intended use, has well designed and long lasting soles and is waterproof I think it has all it needs. But maybe adding some brief "break-in" information and a container of your recommended leather treatment would be good. As well as maybe a spare set of laces. Those are things not included in any of the boots I've purchased (and I run nothing but high end boots) and I'm sure would be well received by most hunters...

Cabelas use to make a boot called the Outfitter Series.

s-l400 (1).jpg

With the Airbob soles.

s-l400.jpg

Its was thee best value on the planet for hunting boots! One pair would actually last the entire season. And even when worn out they were still water proof.

And those soles are the best traction, bar none for all round use from the great plains to the rocky mountains.

But of course the idiots discontinued them.

Buy a pair of those off ebay, reverse engineer them, offer at non rapey price point, and you'll own the boot world.

Ten Bears

WKR
8 inch is the happy medium for me
for an active hunting boot I prefer non insulated
either is fine as I am going to wax it anyways
the option for wide sizing, this limits most of my boot purchases.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 123338

Hey Roksliders, we’re happy to be part of this forum and want to get to know you and your footwear needs better. We’d like to kick off this relationship with a complimentary pair of our NEW 10” Hunter Boots (see them here) for one of you. Just tell us a few features you would like to see in our next hunting boots, by answering these question in a short paragraph, and you will be entered in our drawing on October 25th for a pair of boots. Also stay tuned by hitting the “watch” button (upper right of this post in full-site post), as we will be doing this again in the future.

10 inches is what I’m looking for next

I’m looking for 400 grams insulated

Definitely waterproof

Full gusset tongue and memory foam inside the ankle similar to Crispi and Meindl to lock in the ankle.

Just answer those four questions and you're in for the drawing.

If you win, we'd love to hear about your experiences with the NEW Hunter 10" Boot. Just post up on this thread or link us to a new thread if you start one. Thank you!

View attachment 123339

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider

10 inches is what I’m looking for next

I’m looking for 400 grams insulated

Definitely waterproof

Full gusset tongue and memory foam inside the ankle similar to Crispi and Meindl to lock in the ankle.

Welcome to rokslide!
1. 6 inch
2. Non insulated
3. Non waterproof (it never lasts anyway and prevents the moisture from escaping the boot from the inside)
4. So I believe if you created a hunting boot: made with some lighter material than leather but with a rubber rand (Codura comes to mind), but with some structure to give some ankle support for side hilling, a non-heal rise sole and wide toe box similar to altra shoes, you’d have a real winner for us archery hunters who would use such a boot August-October.

MThuntr

WKR
1) Boot Height: 10"

2) Non-Insulated

3) Waterproof

4) Any added features that would make a good boot even better: full rand, wide sizes, maybe that coating you put on the Armor boots

tam9492

WKR
To get me through the widest variety of seasons and terrain, I like a 10" boot. Preferably, it's lightly insulated - 200g or equivalent. It's gotta be waterproof. I don't care what product is used, as long as it works. Like others have said, I want a full rand and a medium stiffness. I do a lot of steep side-hilling, and ankle fatigue is a real issue. One thing I'd like to see in more high-end boots is an incorporated gaiter/cuff on the top of the boot, similar to what La Sportiva is using on the Nepal and Trango. That would be awesome for situations where I don't want a full gaiter. Ultimately, I'd want this same boot to be available in a shorter and non-insulated model, so I can cover an entire year with two pairs of boots that fit exactly alike.

Randle

WKR
1. 8" or 10"
2. Uninsulated
3.Waterproof
4. Airbob soles, with aggressive side lugs for side hilling in steep mud or snow and med stiffness.

Thanks for the chance to win.

10"

400g and non insulated

Waterproof

And a soft tread that doesn't try to kill you on slippery stuff like rocks and sticks. My 2 pairs of Crispi boots are a softer tread and are wearing faster but I can be confident crossing a creek or walking down a slope when it's wet or snow on the ground.

Also make is so the laces don't end up touching each other after you've broke them in.

My kenetreks have both those issues.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1) 6 or 8" height
2) Non-insulated
3) Waterproof
4) I haven't tried your 10" hunters - but I've always wanted to see a 6 or 8" lightweight hunting boot with mid-flex sole.

chops24

WKR
8”
400g insulation
Waterproof
Because a boot like this would be my winter boot. Early Archery would be solomon type shoes.

Loved meindls memory foam innards, love Kenetreks aggressive stiff sole for lava rocks and side hilling

Outlaw99

WKR
It looks like u already made it with the introduction of the hunter! Can’t wait to try these out.
For me:
10”
400g
Waterproof
Full Rand
Durable, yet grippy/ slightly flexible sole

sab

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Hoffman pac boots, so it’s nice to see y’all enter the technical boot market! Are these made in the USA?

1) 8” for early to mid season, but 10” for late season

2) Insulated - 400g

3) Waterproof

4) A more aggressive tread

Status
Not open for further replies.