Hoffman Boot Review/Giveaway - Tell us what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael54

WKR
1)8" or 10"
2) 200 grams or less
3) waterproof
4) a good insole with some flex in the actual boot sole, lightweight, I rabbit hunt a lot with dogs and cover a lot of ground. Heavy boots with no flex and no cushion kill my feet.
Sadly my go to boot of choice has seemed to have went downhill since my original purchase and my current pair are less waterproof than a colander at this point.

macdaddy

FNG
I agree with most of the opinions given. One thing I want to add is a wide toe box with extra depth that allows for custom aftermarket inlays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 123338

Hey Roksliders, we’re happy to be part of this forum and want to get to know you and your footwear needs better. We’d like to kick off this relationship with a complimentary pair of our NEW 10” Hunter Boots (see them here) for one of you. Just tell us a few features you would like to see in our next hunting boots, by answering these question in a short paragraph, and you will be entered in our drawing on October 25th for a pair of boots. Also stay tuned by hitting the “watch” button (upper right of this post in full-site post), as we will be doing this again in the future.

1) Boot Height: 6”, 8” or 10”

2) Insulated (how much) or Non-Insulated

3) Waterproof or Non-waterproof

4) Any added features that would make a good boot even better

Just answer those four questions and you're in for the drawing.

If you win, we'd love to hear about your experiences with the NEW Hunter 10" Boot. Just post up on this thread or link us to a new thread if you start one. Thank you!

View attachment 123339

1) 10
2) non-insulated, if insulated no more than 400 g
3) waterproof
4) ankle support and bombproof

colersu22

WKR
I like 8” boots that are waterproof and around 200g insulation.

1 thing I would like to have in a boot is the ability to have them resoled, when you drop 400-500 on boots it’s nice to be able to keep the boots going when the tread gets low as long as you take care of the boot leather.

Pepe55

FNG
1. 10" 2.waterproof 3.uninsulated 4. Wide sizes not that pencil foot stuff everyone else sells

sndmn11

WKR

8" with a flexible upper.
Waterproof
Uninsulated
Durable laces, good insole, high rubber band like your picture shows, laces over toes, resoleable, lightweight.

HoffmanBoots

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Rok Slide members - Only 5 days left until we draw a winner for the 10" Hoffman Hunter boots. Great feedback coming in so keep it up. Get yourself entered as we will be selecting a winner soon.

View attachment 123338

Hey Roksliders, we’re happy to be part of this forum and want to get to know you and your footwear needs better. We’d like to kick off this relationship with a complimentary pair of our NEW 10” Hunter Boots (see them here) for one of you. Just tell us a few features you would like to see in our next hunting boots, by answering these question in a short paragraph, and you will be entered in our drawing on October 25th for a pair of boots. Also stay tuned by hitting the “watch” button (upper right of this post in full-site post), as we will be doing this again in the future.

If you win, we'd love to hear about your experiences with the NEW Hunter 10" Boot. Just post up on this thread or link us to a new thread if you start one. Thank you!

View attachment 123339
What I look for in a great boot is a one piece construction with no seems, rugged and tough with a good break in period, warm and breathable, as well as waterproof with a fantastic newly integrated rubber gaurd around the entire boot. Idaho throws out lots of weather and I need one perfect boot to conquer everything this country throws at us hunters.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
1) My all around preference ~8"
2) A ~200gram insulation on a cold hunt, nothing on warmer hunts. IE 2 pairs of boos for me.
3) Water proof. Also no fabric in the lower sections of the boot that completely relies on a waterproof liner, sued/leather tongue can be waxed to block inital water intrusion which is good enough for walking though a creek. Fabric tongue suck once the liner has failed.
4) See above, don't completely rely on a liner to be able to walk briefly though 4" of water without soaking through.

Pn8hall

WKR
8" tall
Insulated for sure with 600 gram
Waterproof
If a removable insulated liner could be an option in this style boot it would be awesome. The ability to change insulation levels would be sweet.
A top notch high end insole would be great as well.

Big338

FNG
8 or 10” either one have both now.
Both insulated and not. If only 1 then 200-400 max insulation.
water proof only
Full rand, 8 on stiff level. Upgraded insoles from the start. More cushion type since boot will be so stiff Medium to wide boots no skinny boots.
heavy duty laces from start that are plenty Long enough. Prefer leather.
Do you all go to hunter/shooting shows? Dallas SCI? Be nice to try them on and talk to someone in person.

Michael54

WKR
1)8" or 10"
2) 200 grams or less
3) waterproof
4) a good insole with some flex in the actual boot sole, lightweight, I rabbit hunt a lot with dogs and cover a lot of ground. Heavy boots with no flex and no cushion kill my feet.
Sadly my go to boot of choice has seemed to have went downhill since my original purchase and my current pair are less waterproof than a colander at this point.
Expanding on this a bit now that I've had time to think. A boot with options, maybe 3 different types of insoles available, a low arch,medium arch, high arch. A boot that could use either the boa system or laces. Added information with the boots. Recommended boot care with a one time use sample of product. (youtube and the internet are my go to. Everyone seems to reccomend different products and different processes contradicting others) Instructions on different lacing techniques for different foot types or boot uses. A connection point for gaiters that isn't on the laces. An extremely knowledgeable staff behind the boot itself. The worst thing in the world for me personally is talking to a company representative that can't communicate options to your specific needs.

Woodrow F Call

Lil-Rokslider
I really have a problem with there not being enough room in the toe box. I'd like to see some room in the toe box. 8" height, non-insulated, waterproof, with gripy soles that can hold a good deal of weight.

View attachment 123338

View attachment 123339

I'd be looking for a 10" boot, waterproof, 200 thinsulate, with a sole that isn't quite as stiff and rigid as my Miendl Cabela's with a small amount of flex, but also not soft and flexible like a danner pronghorn. A boot sized with a pair of wool socks in mind as well.

JShane

FNG
8"
uninsulated
waterproof
durable laces, a solid tread for the traction you need wherever you find yourself hunting.

SSIdaho

FNG
1) Boot Height: 8” or 10” - for hunting steeper ground, heavier loads on your back, and proper support on side-hill

2) Insulated (how much) or Non-Insulated - 400g.

3) Waterproof or Non-waterproof - Waterproof for sure

: Laces that hold up. A lacing system that is designed, and designed to properly minimize or eliminate heel slip. 1/2 sizes. 2 widths. Full rand. Not too many dissimilar materials that require stitches.

GregB

WKR
1. 8"
2. Non Insulated
3. Not waterproof, leather lined and I'll use some Obenaufs to keep the water out.
4. aggressive heel and tread for traction, full rand, stability for loads and side hilling, eyelets that don't break or cut your laces. High quality leather that doesn't stretch and minimal stitching to eventually break.
And a coupon for a free foot rub.

Status
Not open for further replies.